Peak District, Sunday 5th August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Great photo Richard! There was method in the madness though, even it does look like we just abandoned the cars in the rush for iced cream.

• Haha 1

Another fantastic day in the Peak District, how @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO keeps find such amazing roads is a mystery. Driving got very spirited to say the least but with roads like that who can blame us.

Great to see some old friends and some new faces.

See you all soon :d

IMG_20180805_101448.jpg

IMG_20180805_103030.jpg

IMG_20180805_103042.jpg

IMG_20180805_114906.jpg

• Like 1

Missed out on this one today and looks like you had a great day!  Going away for a couple of weeks now so hope to join you all when I get back.

• Like 1

5 years of driving my Westfield and it all just gets better and better, just when you think it can't, it does. All you lovely people just make my day. Meeting at The Wheatsheaf and pictured here are, in no particular order, but since Ian has taken the most stick today he can go first:- Ian, Dave and Jon, Jonathon, Andy and Ann, Trevor, Nigel and Lee, Ali and Gail, Richard and Liz, the owner of my car, Glen and his chauffeur, me.That made 9 cars and 15 people, no pressure then.

DSC05144.JPG

Luckily the roads we were travelling on were quiet and the places we stopped at could easily accommodate us, so all was well. Trevor kindly blocked the road so we all left the pub in convoy and we got a clear run up the 13 bends, that warmed up the R1R's. We momentarily slowed for a view of the Dragon's Back, a peak in the shape of a stegosaurus, that's right isn't it Ian :p. Crikey, next we got a clear run up Crowdecote and even I went a bit too fast, so now I know the limit of the R1R's. NOTE - these are tight, twisty, hilly roads in a National Speed Limit area and no speed limits are exceeded. Glen was grinning away, not at the thrill of the ride, but at my face and my massive grin. To cool off we had a short break at Tagg Lane Dairy

DSC05149.JPG

Ann and I had the Jaffa Cake flavour ice cream, Glen had blackcurrant and licorice, others had lotus biscuit, coconut or cookies and cream. Some people had 2 flavours in one cone, not naming anyone here!!!

DSC05151.JPG

Rich and Liz left us here to go and meet the real Baby Bio, their first Grandchild, what a magical time it is for them and they exuded delight. The rest of us went in search of the Elton Essesss

DSC05154.JPG

DSC05166.JPG

It was a reasonable run up the Essess and that nicely landed us at The Whitworth Centre in Darley Dale, just in time for lunch and cake.

Lunch

DSC05170.JPG

Cake - Lemon Fudge Cake and Bakewell Tart mmmmmmmmmmmmm

DSC05171.JPG

Don't come between Ali and his cake

DSC05168.JPG

And well done to his wife, Gail, for pinching Glen's flake right from under his nose and for battering him when he tormented her.

DSC05174.JPG

The Hairy Westfielders bought their legs with them

DSC05177.JPG

More rubbish parking at The Whitworth Centre, no pretty pics of the cars today.

DSC05179.JPG

Thank you everyone for a truly brilliant day. Next Saturday is the breakfast meet at Curborough, followed by lunch at the Okeover Arms in Ashbourne. Some more pictures from The Wheatsheaf below.

Richard and Liz, Andy and Ann

DSC05145.JPG

Trevor with his fingers in his ears as I try and tell him the route. 'I am following you, Julie, why do I need to know the route?' he says.

DSC05146.JPG

Ali and Gail

DSC05147.JPG

Jonathon in his Vauxhall engined car, that is one mean MF car, sounded good and was fast, much faster than mine, it was right there on the button.

DSC05148.JPG

:d:d:d

Look forward to seeing you all again on the next trip out. Missing you.....already.

• Like 5

On 04/08/2018 at 20:36, NigelO said:

Just in time for tomorrow's run, my son has put some photos up from the last Peak District run out

Lee's FlickR album

Lee obviously had a quiet night shift last night - new photos available already (and there’s some really good ones) - same album link as the last time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful day out thank you. Great to meet new friends and new ice creams.... jaffa cake flavour mmmm

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 6carjon said:

.... jaffa cake flavour mmmm

Ooooo! 

A few video clips from Sunday
note to self: update timestamp :-(

• Like 2

Wow @Trevturtle, you kept that one quiet! what a lovely surprise, a video of the day. I am amazed at just how quiet the roads were, plus it makes a great vid when we all stayed in convoy all the time. It is interesting to see the view from car number 9 and how far behind you can be when you get delayed at a junction, it is good to see that it works when I hold the cars at a T junction and it allows everyone to re-gather. Crowdecote at 15:40 has took well on film, I am feeling travel sick watching that back :d

Thanks for letting me see the views, and for all your hard work, that must have taken some time to put together :yes:

• Like 1