Knockhill august 9th Now with Videos.

Andrew

Next one on my radar is knockhill Thursday Aug 9th. Last time I looked there were only 12 cars booked on, so I'm going to try for a weather watching late booking. 

anyone else fancy it?

Reckon so although I seem to have a lot of other stuff going on so it depends on if I can get all my jobs done that were outstanding or cropped up at Anglesey.

• Like 1

One week to go, 13 cars booked on and weather forecast for what its worth at this stage, is looking good. :)

15 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Do you head up the night before @Andrew - if not what time do you get there at to sign on?

If I go, I'll be travelling up in the morning. It's actually quite a late start.. sign on from 9am, briefing at 9-45, and on track at 10am. They don't do sighting laps at Knockhill, and I don't think it's a major problem if you show up late. Easily doable from Newcastle. ;)

My pal Steve, (and maybe Mike?) could well be up there the night before.

https://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/car-trackday-aug09

Hope to be doing this for some tyre and aero testing prior to the final round of SLS, will be weather dependant though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, S2T said:

Hope to be doing this for some tyre and aero testing prior to the final round of SLS, will be weather dependant though

Yes, weather watching here too. Wasn't looking too bad when I last looked. 

10 hours ago, S2T said:

Have booked in for the afternoon

Spot on! I see there are 26 places left, so will watch the forecasts for another day or so. It's not looking too bad at the moment, although I think the heat wave will be over by Thursday. ;)

Maybe another wet trackday for you Andrew in one of the dryest years in record. Maybe it's not russ who's the rain man:p

• Haha 1

Latest weather report for the area is mostly sunny and dry at 19C; and hoping it's correct.

Enjoy.

48 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

Latest weather report for the area is mostly sunny and dry at 19C; and hoping it's correct.

Enjoy.

Hope you're right. I'm getting the car ready now, shall probably book it this evening if the BBC weather man confirms what the on line forecasts are saying. It's still showing half the places up for grabs, so should be a good day.