KugaWestie

12 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

those seats must weigh a ton each :popcorn:

Front seats will go when I have found some eBay bargain replacements

11 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Harness bar fitted

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

Gary are those brackets you've fixed the harness bar to structural? They only look to be spot welded in place? I'd also recommend against having the bolted connection in tension due to the risk of the bolts pulling out in a hard front impact or if shell deforms in a crash. They'd be much better if you could mount them in shear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Gary are those brackets you've fixed the harness bar to structural? They only look to be spot welded in place? I'd also recommend against having the bolted connection in tension due to the risk of the bolts pulling out in a hard front impact or if shell deforms in a crash. They'd be much better if you could mount them in shear.

Mark, thanks for the observation.

The brackets I have mounted to are the same bracket that held the rear seat belt upper mounting which is why I used them. 

What I have made is an copy of a bar that is available on the market to purchase.

I will take a look though and see if there is a way to improve it

12 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Front seats will go when I have found some eBay bargain replacements

And you hardly need that thumping great battery , another cwt saved :)

3 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

The brackets I have mounted to are the same bracket that held the rear seat belt upper mounting which is why I used them. 

Are the rear belts up and over though - so bolts would effectively be in shear on oem fitting?

Picked up a pair of these a few days ago for a great price

IMG_2441.thumb.JPG.ebac63bf914ea231fd72c1f59b51632a.JPG

I have not weighed them yet but they are not that heavy, so should save me a few kilos

Bargain second hand Sparco harnesses arrived today, so they got attacked with the pressure washer at work and are now hung up drying in the garage

6D80783B-DE02-42A1-8659-9DE6E5407FD2.jpeg

Look almost like new in the photos, now.

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Look almost like new in the photos, now.

Yep, there are a couple of dirty spots on them still, but for £40 all in for both sets I am happy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Mini is all loaded up ready to take to work tomorrow to utilise a nice flat workshop floor.

The main job is sorting the spongy brake pedal out. I am taking it to work so that I can utilise the private land to test the brakes and bed the pads.

If I get time I hope to swap the seats as well

IMG_2549.JPG

• Like 4