Chassis repair

karlpayne

Siltech repaired my chassis. Looked a lot worse than this too. 

• Like 1

7's are quite strong little cars and once this is stripped down may well be not as bad as it looks.

If you can convince your insurance company for new then all good, but if not then you may find a repair is not to difficult.

Here in Australia, whilst we can source chassis's, we do not have the luxury of the factory down the road and so have become adept at repairing the space frames. From the photo this looks like a readily repairable frame. Cut the damaged bits out and replace. It would have to be much worse than what it appears in the photo for us to write the frame off.

• Like 1

ok. I've got the insurance money back but the car was written off. so its either do it myself or find someone to repair it. food for thought. thanks again.

Chance for a re-build with your choice of upgrades possibly?

Still very sad, best of luck moving forward

It now depends what category of write-off you have as to whether the car can be repaired and put back on the road, or you effectively need to rebuild it with a new identity and go through IVA and registration.