Valentinik

Cycle wings Iva question

Just preparing for my Iva test next week. 

Do my front cycle wings need rubber edging on or will they pass the test without?

Thanks

Mike

2A822856-9628-49E0-8D81-A6ACD617AFA0.jpeg

63BFA161-153A-4503-8313-3AD5E7E5B1A1.jpeg

Great to read that you're ready for IVA, Mike. It's hard to tell from the pics what the radius is like on your cycle wings. Are they the factory carbon effect plastic items(I don't think so)?

The edge looks quite flat so , I'd suggest putting edging strip all around them. I just used super glue sparingly on the inside, so when they fell off after IVA, no glue  showed on the outside.

Thanks Ian yes the test is next Friday so not long now, just finishing off the last little jobs. 

Theyre the factory fibreglass items (not carbon effect). The edge seems to return all the way around underneath the wing but I might fit some trim to be on the safe side. 

Mike 

I believe from another thread the sides of the wings don’t pass anymore, I’d play safe & fit it to the sides as Ian said.

I just used some clear silicone which just rubs off when they fall off.

• Like 1

Yes definitely edge these. My car passed IVA 2 weeks ago and I had edged them, but I asked the examiner whether it was something I had needed to do. He said it was and would have been a fail without it. 

Deff put some edging on the outside face, its not worth failing on something that will only cost your a few quid.

I was lucky with my IVA examiner, he dropped some on my tools during the inspection, but I had some with me anyway

• Like 1