Best place for replacement black headlights?

Stevemarsh

Hello, where’s the best place to get replacement head lights? Possibly looking at slightly smaller black ones? 

Thanks in advance 

What size have you got now?

If you are looking to go down to 4inch size the cheapest will probs be on eBay,they call them dominators :)

25 minutes ago, CosKev said:

What size have you got now?

If you are looking to go down to 4inch size the cheapest will probs be on eBay,they call them dominators :)

Thanks very much 

• Like 1

Just be warned if you plan on using the car in the dark the light output from them is awful!

I think they look by far the best on these size cars,and I never plan on driving in the dark and rarely get caught out heading home late in the dark so I make do for the looks :)

• Like 1

Are there actually any decent small ones out there suitable for night use? Due to another thread on here about ZK brackets and FW front end, I think I'll be needing to fit 4" ones on my car, but would quite like to not be limited to daylight hours only!

59 minutes ago, AndrewOBW said:

Are there actually any decent small ones out there suitable for night use? Due to another thread on here about ZK brackets and FW front end, I think I'll be needing to fit 4" ones on my car, but would quite like to not be limited to daylight hours only!

I have the Dominators on my Zero and they have been perfectly adequate when I have had to drive at night, so don't let that worry you.

I have the 4inch ones too. They are not bad, but if you come from a modern xenon type light it's like two candles in a jam jar.

You need to adjust to them ,get them fitted and drive a good drive and you will adjust.

Maybe try driving your modern car without using main beam to get a slight adjustment

I drive my 2cv regularly and it's not hard to adjust to the 4 inch ones but after my main car it's a shock.

Remember how you used to drive with your first car by looking at cats eyes and white lines on the road,  try this and it's fine.

There are differing quality in the dominates aswell. Some are pants some are ok. Especially with an led bulb upgrade. Some of the dominators on eBay aren't worth jack. Best getting from somewhere reputable like furore products. 

I couldn't live with them in the end and went for 5.75" ones with led bulbs and they were fantastic. I actually really enjoyed driving at night with them.

Have to agree tho the 4" ones look the best aesthetically.

• Like 1

My 4" were from Westfield (significant offer and had a voucher) and they work pretty well.

Actually better than my 'old' 5 3/4 " ones using same bright halogen bulbs.

• Confused 1

@Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO your 5.75 lights must have been knackered! :)

Normal halogen bulbs in 5.75 lights give off way better light and pattern to the light than 4 inch ones with LED bulbs fitted.

Put LED bulbs in a 5.75 light and the difference is massive over the 4 inch

Agree @CosKev. Just highlighting that all's reletive! My 4" beams are far better than many other 4" and even some 5 3/4" I've seen out at night. But don't doubt a good 5 3/5" will always outperform a good 4". 

• Like 1

My LED's on 5 and 3/4 lights .. if you go down any rural unlit roads you need to see and be seen I have lots of unlit country lanes that I use I wouldn't consider going down them at night or even in the day with standard 4" lights the 4" lights are more show than go.
 if you want to be safe as it's vulnerable enough in a Westy make sure that dopey drivers or Motorcyclists can see you put decent lights on your motor.....

I have some Police mates who say that it's best to have your lights on all the time day or night...........

20171229_161101.jpg

20171229_161306.jpg

• Like 3