Blyton 11 &12 August Sprint

Terry Everall

just signed on and paid for sunday.

29 full weekend competitors

5 extra saturday

4 extra on sunday.

BRING LOTS OF FUEL and an umbrella 

A great weekend of sprinting and close competition

It certainly was - thanks for all the help for my first time out on slicks.  Need to get the paddle shift sorted out for the next one, having watched some runs recorded on the GoPro it's trying to shift down (I can see the lever moving) but it's not managing to engage the transmission.  It may need a bigger "blip"....

Apart from that I'm well chuffed!

Great to seeing you enjoying it Tony and your times reducing over the weekend

Its Terry's blog we are all waiting for but I guess he is busy changing clutches for Steve

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tony Smiley said:

It certainly was - thanks for all the help for my first time out on slicks.  Need to get the paddle shift sorted out for the next one, having watched some runs recorded on the GoPro it's trying to shift down (I can see the lever moving) but it's not managing to engage the transmission.  It may need a bigger "blip"....

Apart from that I'm well chuffed!

Good to meet you at the weekend Tony.

If it helps I found that I had to drill the vacuum take off on the throttle body slightly bigger to get the blipper to work properly on both my blade Westy and the Jedi.

Mark

16 hours ago, mark.anson said:

Good to meet you at the weekend Tony.

If it helps I found that I had to drill the vacuum take off on the throttle body slightly bigger to get the blipper to work properly on both my blade Westy and the Jedi.

Mark

Good to meet you too Mark.

I'm going to do just that with the vacuum take off, it can't do any harm.  Also, I'll check for any free play in the linkage, It's a bit strange that it has not happened previously.

Also investigating reverse box removal...

Tony

On 15 August 2018 at 09:13, Tony Smiley said:

Also investigating reverse box removal...

Tony

The reverse box was removed from my blade car. 

Just used a two piece prop with a centre bearing. Mine had a sliding section at the diff end. 

Resilient tube props seem to be recommended, but mine wasn't and I never had an issue.

The prop was around the £200 quid mark at the time from Bailey Morris, which you would more than recover if you sold the reverse box. 

• Like 1