Chapman would have loved this

pistonbroke 2

@Blatman Eight spannies would be better (assuming it's paired pistons per head)! Multi-into-one expansion chambers just don't scavenge well enough and confusing back pressures make for a narrow power band - it's better with the drainpipes. I've been there, done that...nice try but a 750rpm power band with a four speed just didn't work!

MYCOUPE-ENG.JPG.ca3a732673e5baf94d1118cce91760de.JPG

The car is my 1974 Suzuki Fronte GX coupe - 360cc two-stroke, triple carbed, reed valved, needle roller mains. I kept it in NZ for 15 years, after pulling it out of a lean-to barn (amazingly rust-free) and restoring it - only sold it in 2016 to buy the Westfield. Not quite the speed of a Westfield, but the same go-kart handling with your bum scraping the ground!

80644991_DSCF3973reduced.thumb.jpg.007e5ea668c54b9fc17c3d853f12b9a8.jpg

• Like 2

On 21/07/2018 at 00:51, BigSkyBrad said:

@Blatman Eight spannies would be better (assuming it's paired pistons per head)! Multi-into-one expansion chambers just don't scavenge well enough and confusing back pressures make for a narrow power band - it's better with the drainpipes. I've been there, done that...nice try but a 750rpm power band with a four speed just didn't work!

MYCOUPE-ENG.JPG.ca3a732673e5baf94d1118cce91760de.JPG

The car is my 1974 Suzuki Fronte GX coupe - 360cc two-stroke, triple carbed, reed valved, needle roller mains. I kept it in NZ for 15 years, after pulling it out of a lean-to barn (amazingly rust-free) and restoring it - only sold it in 2016 to buy the Westfield. Not quite the speed of a Westfield, but the same go-kart handling with your bum scraping the ground!

80644991_DSCF3973reduced.thumb.jpg.007e5ea668c54b9fc17c3d853f12b9a8.jpg

I had one of these about 20 years ago didn't they call them Suzuki wizzkid? I loved it like you say gokart handling . When I tried to part ex it for a bigger car when the kid's came along nobody wanted to take it. I wish I still had it ,I've never seen another one on the road they must be rare now

@Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO The Whizzkid (CX-G) was from 1978 to 1984 and had a 1000cc four stroke for export. This is a Fronte, from 1972 to 1976, and was Japanese domestic market only, however New Zealand was one of only a couple of countries to also get them. It's dimensionally slightly smaller in length, height and width, and has a more raked windscreen, and although they look identical, only a handful of parts are inter-changable. There is less than 50 on the road in the world, and almost all of those in Japan. It was designed by super-car designer Giorgetto Giugiaro.

Sorry, a bit off-track - would Chapman have loved it? - well, it's small and light, with all-independent suspension, so maybe...!

In the '80s there was one in NZ rebuilt with Testarossa-like bodywork and a mid-mounted Capri V6 engine and VW transaxle -  nothing short of a 'coffin'! Still had the original tiny disc brakes behind the 10" front wheels.

218207578_005-V6Suzuki-Rear3QuarterView1.jpg.c6d7db499140993344a378954b07d304.jpg