Temporary Garage

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Good afternoon all,

I wondered if you could help me from your vast pool of knowledge and lessons learned the hard way!

I am about to purchase a Westy, but Operation 'Empty the single garage' has not completed yet....in fact, to be honest not even started.

Therefore I am after a good quality temporary Garage to plonk on my drive to house the car until I've skipped the garage contents!

I have looked at the Clarke ones in Machine Mart, pretty good and reasonable price,

A4574024-3D40-4858-A5DF-8E48272DE699-large.jpg

but wondered if there were any with full doors/roll up at each end and or could be attached to the front of the garage ala Caravan awning?

Many thanks

Chris

What about a covered trailer? If you don't need it, you'll be able to sell it for what you paid for it

This is my one from machine mart, I have had it nearly a year and working in it all winter!!

IMG-20170916-WA0000.jpg.b98e43a166e378baa910db0a1622d12a.jpg

A departure, but pretty much the same as above.... (has full opening front)

Cheers all, glad to see others suffer from the same problem.  

I think I'll be doing maintenance in it as well so probably heading towards the Machine Mart style...

Just be aware of any insurance implications.  Mine insists my Westfield is parked inside the garage overnight.

Could you rent a garage from your local council/housing association? Usually pretty cheap, certainly cheaper than a driveway tent, and eminently more practical, not to mention insurable!