It's raining!

Rory's Dad

It's cloudy in Leeds, but no rain. Yet.

Anglesey yesterday! We're in the middle of the hottest .. driest? summer since '76 they're saying.. ???

576190372_HmomentAng.jpg.96c6d9bcfe101c9c9aeda20de9530ca9.jpg

First bit of rain I've seen for weeks. :(

No rain darn sarf (terrible attempt at "spelling" an Essex accent :laugh:)

3 hours ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

No rain darn sarf (terrible attempt at "spelling" an Essex accent :laugh:)

That's the posh bit where you live. Dan sath is the rest :d

• Haha 1

Hose pipe ban coming in for us. £500 per year and terrible water pressure of 7 litres per minute. They are taking the used bodily water!

bl**** hose pipe ban here :arse:

Rains none stop for 5 years , then water shortage after 3 weeks sunshine   

Someone left the plug out at the local ressavoir 

I'm convinced that hose pipe bans are like smart meters, in that they're used to make the consumer think it's their own fault when utilities prices go up.

Meanwhile management are getting fancy new German company cars and the mains water leaks still aren't fixed.

We've had a water leak whilst we were away. Spoke to a water board person and they said they'd left the water on leaking at 1litre every 15 seconds. I asked what was the point in that and they said we don't turn the water off because it might affect 'vital' equipment inside. Like what I asked. Washing machine they replied. Of course, while we are away!! 

I got them to turn it off and reminded them of their latest slogan "Love Every Drop". Not funny imo. 

On 18/07/2018 at 15:56, Rory's Dad said:

We've had a water leak whilst we were away. Spoke to a water board person and they said they'd left the water on leaking at 1litre every 15 seconds. I asked what was the point in that and they said we don't turn the water off because it might affect 'vital' equipment inside. Like what I asked. Washing machine they replied. Of course, while we are away!! 

I got them to turn it off and reminded them of their latest slogan "Love Every Drop". Not funny imo. 

I’ve got a client with an aquarium. The water was turned off to several properties, including there’s, for a weekend, that happened to be while they were away. No official notification was given, so the clients normal back up plan couldn’t be put into operation. They lost a little over fifteeen grands worth of fish as the loss of water pressure tripped out the aquariums plant. I believe the clients insurance company sued the water board to recover their losses on the claim.

I can think of better things to put £15k into! Fish. OMG!

• Haha 1