Blyton 2018, The photo thread.

Stu Faulkner

3 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I simply wasn’t trying hard enough I guess...

you were mate, their just play the spin to win game  :laugh:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BCF said:

Great photos Ian @IanK (Bagpuss)! Are there any more of the blue single seater 140/141 please?

Cheers

Barny

Second that, Great photos Ian :yes:

And all the others too. :yes:

Will you lot stop congratulating him on his most excellent photos otherwise I’ll have to up the forum limits again!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Will you lot stop congratulating him on his most excellent photos otherwise I’ll have to up the forum limits again!

And we haven't even seen the photo master's offering yet @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCF said:

Can be done, on trackdays with other partners they get shots from all over the track. Through "the wiggler" and from the entry into "Bunga bunga" are particularly good shots. Not sure what was needed to gain access though!

One for the feedback thread, then we can ensure we ask next year.

• Like 1

Strangely I felt instantly relaxed when I got on the gravel! I really must learn how to get in to 3rd gear on the brakes, think I messed it up more than 80% of the time! I miss my cheating paddles :)

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2018 at 18:15, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I'll have the Blyton special without the Cheese please. 

Surely that’s just a ‘Blyton’ then ;)

Video of the Friday trackday.. edited from 2 hours 20 minutes to 50 minute to show videos of cars... not just empty track. 

You may be in it somewhere. The brake frying Mini does makes a brief appearance :d

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BCF said:

Can be done, on trackdays with other partners they get shots from all over the track. Through "the wiggler" and from the entry into "Bunga bunga" are particularly good shots. Not sure what was needed to gain access though!

I think only if you are in the marshalls' posts.

Maybe one of our excellent photographers should volunteer next year to assist with trackside marshalling?;)

4 minutes ago, stephenh said:

I think only if you are in the marshalls' posts.

Maybe one of our excellent photographers should volunteer next year to assist with trackside marshalling?;)

I'm not sure Stephen, but based on the location and angle of some of the photos I have, I'd say some might have been from a Marshalls post but some definitely weren't, as there aren't any in those spots. I'll see if I can dig some out to show what I mean.

Some example shots from a trackday a couple of years ago...

...some of the locations may not be competition compliant!!

XSP_0280.JPG

XSP_0176.JPG

XSP_0930.JPG

XSP_0236.JPG

XSP_0279.JPG

• Like 2

I don't know how Blyton does it, but having been massively into circuit photography a few years ago, some of those look like they need a, infield/trackside photography pass from the circuit, which are usually really tricky to get hold of, (on the big circuits, at least) without being an accredited photographer.

i know Oulton Park wanted to see two (if I recall correctly, it might have been more) published photographs, with invoices for the same, plus a copy of your public liability, insurance certificate. You then had to attend a safety briefing day, similar sort of thing to what they run for trainee marshals, I suppose.

However, many of the Sprint type tracks will allow, with permission from the event organiser, as well as the circuit etc. One or two amateur photographers to be "embedded" at marshals posts, as long as they're the "safe" type posts with concrete or Armco barriers, between them and the actual track. This does of course mean that you can't move while the track is live. But you could do one post in the AM and another in the PM..,

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who tried to help me get back on track on Friday - sadly I only had about three or four runs prior to going for a new alternator!

(Thanks to @Trevturtle too - he gave blood later)Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 14.17.52.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 14.18.54.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 14.16.21.png

You will note - I are mostly standing around!

• Like 2