FULL 1.8 Zetec Engine Package & Box for sale - GONE

AdamR

**NO LONGER FOR SALE - Sold car instead!**

Afternoon all,

I'm going BEC so my 1800 Zetec engine and 4 speed box are for sale. Would prefer to sell as a package, and I'll explain why, but would discuss sensible offers for the engine and then take it from there.

I will include everything you need to drop this straight into your car, no hassle, no messing about. Do not underestimate the cost, time and frustration involved when you don't buy a turn-key solution like this!

I've done a couple of videos to explain (nearly) everything about it, but in short:

- 1800 Silvertop Zetec, built by Stanwood Performance, blueprinted for the 750 MC race series. 'Fast road' cam and ported / polished head. Standard bottom end with the exception of ARP rod bolts. Don't discount the 1800 in favour of a 2 litre, I've had a 2l before and this engine suits a light car much better due to the reduced internal mass of the engine.

- The car had been a sprint car before I bought it and completed very little mileage - Stick Q269 KCP into https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

- Jenvey 45mm ITBs, SBD / Bosch injectors, custom motorsport engine wiring loom, Raceline wet sump / baffle / pickup, Dunnell flywheel, standard clutch, DTA EX48 ECU, Omex shift light system, Sytec fuel pump and filter

- Cambelt done under 2 years / couple of thousand miles ago. Oil change done twice in my ownership with fully synth Ford grade 5w40 (5w30 is standard but this is better for maintaining pressure when hot).

- Mapping done by myself and Chris at EFI Parts. As I bang on about in the video, this is probably the most impressive thing about the package. It's so flexible - strong low down, fuel efficient, cruises beautifully at light throttle when hot and cold, makes good power (187bhp at 7400rpm and climbing), superb throttle response. I'll dig out a dyno plot as soon as I can, can't find it right now.

- Gearbox is a 4 speed with Quaife long first (2.48) gearset. Gears 1, 2 (1.69 ratio) & 3 (1.21 ratio) are straight cut with 4th (1:1) being semi helical. Recent overhaul with new input and output seals, filled with correct SAE80 mineral oil. Top of 4th with my 4.1 diff and 13" wheels gives 124mph top speed which matches perfectly the aero top speed of the car. Why carry around an extra 15kg and a 5th gear if you don't really need it? :)

- Includes RS2000 alloy bellhousing, all water pipework, almost new Polo rad, engine mounts, starter and heatshield (never has the 'hot start problem' that a lot of Zetecs do), alternator, spare oil filter, clutch cable and throttle cable for top mounted pedals, and any other bits I can think of or find when I pull the engine out that won't be any use for the BEC conversion.

- I will also include the manifold, dash, all gauges / sensors, etc. This will truly make it 'plug and play' in a wide bodied Westfield, saving you a heck of a lot of effort and time! I reckon you could easily have this in your car and running perfectly within a weekend.

- The car with this engine in holds a few Speed Series Class A records and I won last year's sprint award with it.

enginer.jpg

enginel.jpg

dash.jpg

sump.jpg

full.jpg

gearing.jpg

First video - spot the deliberate dangler-up after about 5 seconds :laugh: It IS a 1.8, not a 1.6 as I said.

Second video: Pretty sure I said 'water temp' rather than 'oil temp' at one point here but you get the idea!

Price - I'm looking for £2800. That's for everything. Please feel free to price up a 'new' engine to this spec, and then bear in mind you won't need to faff about for 2 hours then buy a new oil pressure gauge for £80 because the last one isn't compatible, or take it for mapping at £300 plus a day off work, or buy a new dash for £100 and then spend 5 hours cutting holes for your old gauges, or chuck £50 at a metre of stainless fuel hose and fittings because you didn't have any, etc etc... you get the idea.

I'm based near Preston in Lancashire (PR5 postcode) and the car will be in use for another month or two unless you'd like the engine package soon. In this case I can have it out within a week, and happy to help load into a van for you. I could deliver within a reasonable distance too.

Any questions, shout up. Cheers!

Very good engine. Reading the specs it is similar to mine (I have cribbed a few notes tho)

good luck with the sale from a fellow 180hp 1.8 Zetec Owner!

• Like 1

Thanks!

Have had a handful of enquiries asking to split the engine - I have someone interested in the gearbox so yes, I can do this.

Complete engine with ITBs, filter, alternator, sensors, sump, etc - £1900

If you want the ECU, loom, exhaust manifold, engine mounts, fuel pressure reg and fuel pump add £300. I figure that kit is the same price as a remap and will save you a heck of a lot of hassle in getting it all to run, just bolt it into the car and away you go.

I won't split down any further than this, and I'm in no rush to sell. Should be out of the car within a few weeks, sooner if someone needs it quicker than that :yes:

Edit: Found the dyno plot and a photo of Chris doing his thing.

IMAG2974.jpg

IMAG2973.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.