Blyton 2018 Feedback

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Afternoon,

The last cars are about to leave the line... and I will go and hibernate for a week or two; but we do want your feedback both +'ve and -'ve; if -'ve please suggest how I can fix it for next year.

Booking for 2019 and it should be the weekend of 12th/13th/14th July 2019.

Many thanks

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can only comment from a trackday point of view. But I thought the trackday was great well run the briefing was much better short and to the point which enabled us to get out on track early. A great job done by everyone involved couldn't fault it

• Like 1

All positive on the track day.  But possibly something nice would be a members only shared photo bucket. 

• Like 1

Track day ...All positives

Good  briefing , quick sign on, siting laps for only the new  trackdayers ...or those who wanted siting laps.:yes:

Plenty of track time

Not too crowded ...... I'm sure I was on my own at one point..  

Evening  event very good

All well organised  and a very enjoyable day.

Thanks to @John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary , @graham frankland... and anyone else I missed who helped... Thanks :yes::yes:

NEXT YEAR.....We just need to organise another hours spannering on Chris' car after the track closes next year. Without the alternator fixing diversion, I would drank all my beer before the pub.

• Like 2

From the sprint perceptive, very well run and efficient. Paddock planning was just about spot on. The evening gathering was a good idea to bond non sprinters / sprinters. I was pleased that at least one of our speed series sponsors came and joined in the weekend to show off their products and mingle with folk.

The sprint was a few entries down on normal numbers but other reasons were to blame their such as events elsewhere on the same day etc. I am sure it will be well attended next year with some championship invites, advertising and calendar planning etc

A big thank you for the BBQ chefs on Saturday night

Well done John W and team

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

NEXT YEAR.....We just need to organise another hours spannering on Chris' car after the track closes next year. Without the alternator fixing diversion, I would drank all my beer before the pub.

I could have done without that too - but many thanks to Trev (who gave blood in the cause!) and all who chipped in to get me on track for my maiden sprint. Really pleased that @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO Had an impact driver with him too!

But to sum up the weekend was utterly brilliant and a credit to all involved.

Only negative comment I’d make was how disheartening it was to see @Andy Banks - Chairman Cleaning up other people’s empties the day after the BBQ - he deserves our thanks and next year please help him! 

• Like 3

Trackday was great - good briefing, good manners on track, not busy. Just a shame about those bl**** hooligans in the crappy old MX-5 getting black flagged all the time :laugh:

Thanks to all who put time and effort in to make the event as successful as it was :yes:

• Haha 2

Agree with all the above - fantastic weekend. The unfortunate lack of numbers was our gain, in a fun and fast track day on Friday followed by an incredible weekends' competing. 6 runs both days! Winner.

A good atmosphere and spirit from everyone, and given the focus on Shelsley and your illness beforehand, all credit to you @John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary for pulling it together.

One small observation - on Sunday, the young lad doing the start line marshalling - I witnessed a great number of competitors (not WSCC) completely ignoring him. Partly because he occasionally was asking them to move when cars were coming back in (so it was good the drivers were paying attention), but also there were times when they were just doing their own thing and ignoring him as his instructions did lack conviction. I understand there was a lack of volunteers, which was a shame, but in the position he was it may have been better having someone with a little more authority/experience/willingness to shout at people! Fortunately there were no incidents (that I'm aware of) so this is only a minor observation, and credit is due to him for being out there all day and having the patience to stay put. Really scratching the bottom of the barrel though as everything else was spot on.

25 minutes ago, BCF said:

Agree with all the above - fantastic weekend. The unfortunate lack of numbers was our gain, in a fun and fast track day on Friday followed by an incredible weekends' competing. 6 runs both days! Winner.

A good atmosphere and spirit from everyone, and given the focus on Shelsley and your illness beforehand, all credit to you @John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary for pulling it together.

One small observation - on Sunday, the young lad doing the start line marshalling - I witnessed a great number of competitors (not WSCC) completely ignoring him. Partly because he occasionally was asking them to move when cars were coming back in (so it was good the drivers were paying attention), but also there were times when they were just doing their own thing and ignoring him as his instructions did lack conviction. I understand there was a lack of volunteers, which was a shame, but in the position he was it may have been better having someone with a little more authority/experience/willingness to shout at people! Fortunately there were no incidents (that I'm aware of) so this is only a minor observation, and credit is due to him for being out there all day and having the patience to stay put. Really scratching the bottom of the barrel though as everything else was spot on.

point taken

As John says, point taken. I did not pick up on this directly as most of the time I saw him he was with an adult but I was busy doing other things so this did not get my full attention. In any case the point is sound and we will of course ensure it is covered for next year.

Just to echo what has been said - we need more volunteers for these events. If I may so bold, it frustrates the hell out of me that the usual committed faces do all the work all of the time whilst others seem to enjoy the benefits - it's not a problem of course, it is why they/we do it. However it would nice to see more volunteers generally please.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Just to echo what has been said - we need more volunteers for these events. If I may so bold, it frustrates the hell out of me that the usual committed faces do all the work all of the time whilst others seem to enjoy the benefits - it's not a problem of course, it is why they/we do it. However it would nice to see more volunteers generally please.

I offered my services (sat only)  to both Panda and Nigel and was told they had enough bodies? Hence I occupied myself with my camera.

4 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I offered my services (sat only)  to both Panda and Nigel and was told they had enough bodies? Hence I occupied myself with my camera.

I think the short handedness was Sunday rather than Saturday?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

I think the short handedness was Sunday rather than Saturday?

Yep, it's always a struggle Sunday.

8 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

...and blooming good pics they are too which if you are happy for us to use would be a most welcome contribution to the weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

...and blooming good pics they are too which if you are happy for us to use would be a most welcome contribution to the weekend.

@Andy Banks - Chairman- you're very welcome. Let me know if you want any full size or I can dropbox them etc to whoever wants them.

• Like 1