Just a quick thank you

Stephen W

Just a quick thank you to all those at Blyton yesterday who offered a hand with trying to help/diagnose the coolant pressurisation issue with my car. 

After turning up in the morning with a car that wouldn’t start at all, getting it started was a victory in itself, then to be dogged with the pressurisation issue was a bit of a b*******. 

Thank you again to all those that helped or just came for a chat, it made the 5 half laps I managed reasonably enjoyable! 

Well all apart form the sunburn I have on my neck now! 

So today I worked further on my car and it seems it is a head gasket issue, not great for an engine with less than 20 hours on it! Ah well. I do love fixing it!

324778EF-9C8C-4BF1-A725-3B1278B0E66D.jpg

• Like 1

That’s a fantastic photo, shame about the circumstances. But hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Hate to see cars needing the ambulance but at least it's not because you bent it which has to be a plus.

Nice looking car by the way.

Oops, replied in another thread before seeing this one!

If it's one of the MLS gaskets in there now, have a chat to a few people about the possibility of using an OE one instead. Had problems with MLS in my 'tweaked' red top and £20odd quid quality OE style ones sorted it.

Hope its all running soon :yes:

42 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Oops, replied in another thread before seeing this one!

If it's one of the MLS gaskets in there now, have a chat to a few people about the possibility of using an OE one instead. Had problems with MLS in my 'tweaked' red top and £20odd quid quality OE style ones sorted it.

Hope its all running soon :yes:

The waterway next to cylinder 1 is very close and I’m getting an odd miss fire from cylinder one now...

I think it has come from a bit of head shuffle at over 8500rpm and the fact it was on my engine lift suspended from the head for quite a while. 

It should have SBD head studs in it already so the failiure is surprising, but I’ll get Northampton motorsport to put a new genuine ford gasket in there then give it a power run to see it’s health. 

It is a shame as it goes like an absolute rocket at the moment. 

12 hours ago, Stephen W said:

324778EF-9C8C-4BF1-A725-3B1278B0E66D.jpg

Sorry to read you had troubles, but I can see the issue in your photo.

Durarecs don’t like Schweppes.

Hope it’s sorted soon! :)

• Haha 3