New WSCC member saying hello

Robertf

Hi everyone joined the club earlier this week thought I would introduce myself!

I used to own a westfield about 20 years ago, an SEi (I think) with a Vulcan 135bhp crossflow on twin dellortos, which was a pretty decent specification back then!  Had the car a couple of years but ownership co-incided with a house move and subsequent renovation project which meant the car was barely used.  I did quite a few bits to the car over the period I owned - upgraded the engine, added a brushed aluminium dashboard and new chrome toggle switches, chrome roll bar etc etc.  Then sold it on to a guy from Germany.

Have had quite a few nice cars over the years - a 911 Carrera 3.2 replaced the westfield, followed by a Ferrari 308, Alfa 3.0 GTV and 147GTA, then a Maserati 3200GT.  Pretty sure most of those are now worth a lot more than I sold them for thats for sure!  Other priorities meant I had to leave nice cars to one side for a while, and these days I have just an Abarth 500, which I think is a great little car.

Have always felt that Westfield ownership was rather unfinished business as it wasnt used much, so have just agreed a deal for another.  Though I like the look of the zetec and vauxhall specifications, I've decided to stick with what I know, and I owned a LOT of ford cars in the 80s and 90's, so the incoming car is an SE wide with 2.0 Pinto power, of course with twin carbs - webers this time.

Really looking forward to collecting the car in about a week's time.  In the meantime here are a couple of pictures of my previous Westfield - bit of a period piece with the swept wings and Ferrari style wheels!

wes1_s.jpg

wes2_s.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome Robert, that looks in lovely condition from your photos! Oh, and all the best cars have swept wings! ;) 

• Like 2

Welcome from sunny Scotland, your first one looks great , hope the new addition gives you many smiles, look forward to pics of her 

:ww: from North Oxfordshire.  Interesting to consider how things have changed in the last 20 years.

Simon

:ww:from Norfolk! Your previous Westie looks lovely. Enjoy the newbie when you get it! 

Many thanks everyone for the warm welcome, pics and impressions of the new car to follow in about a week!

• Like 1

So have you gone for a more modern looking car this time, or something traditional again?

Hi Dave

Its a bit more modern looking with cycle wings rather than swept, black dash and high-back seats should be able to share some pics early next week!

• Like 1