This flight passed over here at about 19:25hrs

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

aGBOdyn.jpg

Containing this!

cvv1Gfh.jpg

On the way to Blenheim Palace I assume.

What the heck is that weird looking helicopter plane thing that's carrying the orange coloured man?

As an aside did you see Buttercups facebook entry which shows how all the planes assembled for the flypast... Just amazing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonk179 said:

What the heck is that weird looking helicopter plane thing that's carrying the orange coloured man?

I'd take an orange coloured man over May any day of the week, Joey Essex for PM!!! :p

It transpires that the Osprey was carrying US troops for the President's personal protection...

He was in another helicopter of a more conventional design. D'Oh!

The logistics for getting him to any visit is just massive. His Car, secret service cars, helicopters etc. They all come in two massive air transport planes along with an elite team of marines, who are in the Ospray.

We send May on EasyJet by comparrison

• Haha 1

Mrs May has a smaller circle of enemies I daresay! :)

39 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Have you seen pictures of Airforce one and two? I doubt that her plane has any of the defence systems they have and they certainly don't take all the kit the US take. I would say they are over the top but who am I to say

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Mrs May has a smaller circle of enemies I daresay! :)

I don't know, she seems to have half the Tory party wanting her head on a stick!

2 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

Have you seen pictures of Airforce one and two? I doubt that her plane has any of the defence systems they have and they certainly don't take all the kit the US take. I would say they are over the top but who am I to say

The a330 mrtt does have some additional "extras" that aren't available on the civilian version but no not to the extent of the presidential fleet. Even the tinpot old bae146 royal flight aircraft had some "extras" added to it many moons ago.

And just to be a pedant. Air force one isn't actually an aircraft it's a callsign for any fixed wing aircraft carrying the president. Air force two is the call sign for the vice president.  If it's a helicopter it's callsign marine one. The aircraft are actually designated as VC25 (the 747) and C32 (Boeing 757). Pedancy over :p