Morris

XI purchase

Well the deal has been done and I have paid the deposit! I visited the factory yesterday (a few days later than I had planned due to my father-in-law passing away last week so the household being in a bit of a turmoil!). 

The cost of the dampers/springs has  been subtracted from the kit price as I shall be going straight for the Protech units as per Simon M's conversion. I decided to to source these myself rather than ask Westfield to get them on my behalf. 

The lead time for kits is currently 12 to 14 weeks which will give me time to find an MG to desecrate and to build my garage...! 

Undecided about A-series tuning at the moment as £3000 - £4000 for an exchange stage 2 unit it pretty steep. I'm thinking there must be used tuned engines around that just need a 're-fresh', anyway I've time to investigate this. 

I'll keep the forum updated when I start and I'll no doubt have many questions as time progresses. 

Cheers. 

Morris. 

• Like 2