Blyton Park Track day briefing

Richard Houlgate

Is it now at 8.30am? The regs list 8.45.

What happens if I don't arrive in time for the briefing

Track day is different to the Sprints (which have regs), just to be clear. See below for the track day:

If you miss the briefing we will try to help you out, but you will have to wait for that to happen and collect your wristband before going out.

Yes but the info we got said 8.45! I'll try to get there for 0830, but was originally intending to arrive about 10 as all I want to do is some set up work on the car and fingers crossed that should take a couple of hours

Time Table

This timetable is intended as a guide to your day. Times may vary according to operational activities. 

Please be ready to start your sessions on time. You will be informed of any delays and you should add those times the ones shown here. NB Session time may be lost due to incidents etc. 

TIME               ACTIVITY 

07:45              Venue Open 

08:00              Signing – On Starts 

ABSOLUTELY NO REVVING OF ENGINES BEFORE 09:15 

08:45              Safety Briefing 

Note * Please allow yourself plenty of time to sign on before the Safety Briefing.

IMPORTANT Be prepared to start sighting laps as listed below. 

09:00              3 x Sighting Laps 

09:30              AM Session Starts – Open Pit lane (would prefer novice only for the first couple of laps)

12.00              Lunch Break Sprint School

13:00              Sprint School Track Time

13:15              PM Session Starts – Open  

17:00              Playtime Ends 

18:00              Venue Closes 

Yes but the safety briefing is important as in my limited experience of trackdays a lot of the people at track days are not experienced competitors and so need to listen!

For example I note that overtaking is on the right, I'm pretty sure that at the last track day I did at Oulton overtaking was on the left and think this is standard at MSV track days

What is your gripe Richard?

You say you were intending to get there about 10, so 8.45 or 8.30 makes no difference at all to you as you would have missed the briefing either way.

Yes the safety briefing is important, and I am sure everyone will listen

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard Houlgate said:

Yes but the info we got said 8.45! I'll try to get there for 0830, but was originally intending to arrive about 10 as all I want to do is some set up work on the car and fingers crossed that should take a couple of hours

So it's 15 mins earlier for the benefit of the masses, not sure I see the problem here. Also you state you were "...intending to arrive about 10 as all I want to do is some set up work on the car" so you will have missed even the longest and latest starting of briefing methinks.

Also Gary is correct, timings are a guideline and subject to change.

Have I missed something, happy to help if I can.

@Andy Banks - Chairman is it worth a quick email round to the track day entrants to notify them the briefing is now 8.30am and not 8.45am? Some may not read the forum posts (for example my shared driver for the day, who got a forwarded copy of the regs stating 8.45am briefing and was aiming for that until I thought to tell him it had changed!). Ta.

• Like 1

Right, I think I managed to grab everyone from the events website (different system) so you should all now have the email about this too.

• Thanks 1

Posted this on the other blyton thread but no response so i shall try here!

Is it possible to have a separate briefing later in the morning?

My car is still being worked on and possibly won't be ready until 9am so I'm not going to make it to blyton until mid morning (If at all) :(

Not sure to be honest, this will be something to confirm in the morning. Personally I don't see why not but it's not up to us.

• Thanks 1

Briefing at Blyton last time was sooooooo long i'm sure we didn't get on track till 10am. He could have taked an eskimo into buying a fridge.

What if someone who just wanted a few passenger rides turned up after the briefing?