Westfield SEiW C20XE Vauxhall 16v - SOLD

Matta

For Sale - Westfield SEiW with C2.0XE Vauxhall 16v Engine 

**Sold to Jim from sunny Edinburgh. Glad it's staying locally! Hopefully Jim will be along to the Forum soon to introduce himself. In the immortal words of Big Arnie "I'll be back!!"**

Summary:

Registered in 1997 (Q regd.) and it has done around 17.5K miles.

Originally factory built and sold by Terry Nightingale as an ex-demonstrator to former WSCC Chairman Paul Edden, then one other owner before me. I bought the car in May 2014. Fitted with a CVH when it left the factory but converted to the 16v Redtop by the first owner (engine originally built by Ash Mason I think but fully rebuilt in my ownership). I have lots of paperwork, including the original build manual and for sale advert.

The car was a regular competitor in the Speed series and hillclimbs until I bought it. I converted it back to ‘road’ spec (i.e. refitted the windscreen, wipers, interior trim etc.) and spent a small (or not so small) fortune getting it up to the standard I wanted. It’s only done one trackday at Knockhill in my ownership and plenty of road miles.

Apart from the engine rebuild (£3k+ with receipts) and regular maintenance, it’s also had new rear shocks, disks and pads, new brake master cylinder, Willwood front calipers, alternator, inlet manifold (SBD), headlights, fuel filter and hoses, re-plumbed and simplified cooling system (no heater), new cooler running thermostat, new R1R’s, Simpson’s exhaust box, front ball joints,  suspension set up and corner weighted. Basically, anything it’s needed has been done. MOT to December 2018 and next oil change also due December 2018. It's not an immaculate show car but is generally in very good clean condition, is reliable and has been maintained regardless of cost.

It has all the right bits, IMO, and is equally suited to road or track use. 

This is my third Westfield and I had never planned to sell it but times change. PM me for a chat or email to mattdotalexanderatvirgindotnet if you want more information or pictures etc.

Engine:

C2.0XE Vauxhall 16v Redtop ~200bhp

Fully rebuilt  around 4000 miles ago. Early block with later head.

Re-bored and decked block with new forged Omega pistons, re-bushed steel Carrillo rods, ARP big end bolts, reground crank, lightened flywheel and everything fully balanced, including clutch. New oil and water pumps. ~30psi oil pressure when hot at idle / ~60psi at revs.

Rebuild stage 3 GM head with oilway mod (head was pressure tested and didn’t need it but was done as a precaution), skimmed, ported, new valve guides, new hydraulic followers and re-profiled cams (286deg/10mm lift). Standard valves. Head has water outlet if you wanted to add a heater.

QED alloy shallow sump (with 6mm alloy plate sump guard) and it doesn’t leak!

Webcon Alpha 3D ECU

Weber 45’s (152G) with Pipercross foam filter and twin throttle cable linkage

Vernier pulleys and new timing belt/idler pulley kit

SBD inlet manifold

SBD Stainless 4:2:1 exhaust manifold

Re-packable 7” ceramic coated Simpsons non-cat silencer (or optional re-packable lightweight carbon Techcraft one). Both re-packed with Acoustafill last year.

Rally Design oil catch tank (Alloy)

Facet Redtop competition fuel pump & Malpassi Filter King regulator (with new filter)

Lightweight Redtop battery

Denso lightweight alternator

Omex rev limiter (currently not used)

I can comfortably get 30mpg+ on a long run, 2-up with luggage and being (fairly) sensible. It idles smoothly around 1000rpm and pulls well in all gears. Sounds great with the Webers and big Simpsons exhaust. 

Drivetrain:

Alloy-cased Quaife Type 9 5 Speed straight cut gearbox with long 1st gear (~50mph). Short input shaft version.

1st         2nd         3rd        4th      5th

2.040     1.540     1.210      1:1      0.870

Alloy bell housing

Westfield quickshift extension

Competition clutch (QED) - cable operated

Sierra Viscous LSD fitted 4.4:1 CWP

Suspension:

Cat Motorsport quick rack (1.5 turns) and wide-track front suspension with rose-jointed adjusters. 

Disc brakes all round. Front - Cross drilled and lightened with Willwood 4-pot calipers. Rear - new grooved disks, Sierra calipers & new pads.  Adjustable brake bias from inside the cockpit.

TSW Stealth 7x15" Alloys with 195/50/15 Toyo R1R's

Front & Rear adjustable anti roll bars (front one is Cat Motorsport, not sure about rear)

AVO dampers with bump rebound adjustment (new alloy rears and new springs)

Body and interior:

‘Kit’ fixed-arch bodywork in original red gelcoat. Good condition for year with very slight crazing on O/S rear arch.

Windscreen and earlier, stiffer doors (don’t flex like the later ones), WF half-hood with storage bag. Metro mirrors.

Bootbox and full tonneau cover with centre zip

VDO instruments, keyless start and master RAC cutoff on dash

New capillary oil pressure gauge (original electric one and sender available)

Manual cooling fan override on dash (uses heater switch)

12v charging socket

Standard WF sports seats and 3” 5-point harnesses

Top-mounted pedals

Heavy duty removable fitted rubber floormats instead of carpets

Std 5” headlights with Osram night-breaker bulbs

RAC rollbar with rose-jointed backstays

Wide Westfield cycle wings (will easily cover 205’s)

Standard WF fuel tank with locking cap.

Quick release steering wheel

Optional aero-screen available. 

I absolutely love the car and didn’t think I’d be doing this but I’m just not using it nearly as much as I’d like to for a number of reasons and it doesn’t make sense to leave it sitting in the garage. However, if it doesn’t go for the asking price, I’ll hang on to it. 

Price: £SOLD 

Located in central Scotland.

DSCN0505.JPG

Applecross.jpg

DSCN0363.JPG

DSCN0364.JPG

DSCN0365.JPG

DSCN0366.JPG

DSCN0367.JPG

DSCN0368.JPG

DSCN0369.JPG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

a sad day Matt , to anyone interested it really is a great car and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck with the sale

Very good question Bob! One day.....:)

• Like 1

Congrats. on the sale but sad to see it go.

With 50 available in 1st and a 1.5 ratio steering rack the new owner will be alert from the get go.

4 hours ago, Hornet600 said:

Looks like I’ll need to buy a sat nav now, 

If I was feeling brave, I'd say you could just give me a lift.

Shock-a-rooni!! :oops: All okay, Matt? Are you coming back bigger and better :d

Q928 Spotted at the Kelpies today - looking good!!

Dave

• Like 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.