Prospective owner

Gonesailing

Hi 

I am looking to purchase a second had Westfield in the very near future. Unfortunately due to surgery this week I will miss driving the rest of this glorious summer so no point buying right no as that will be too much to bear. 

I have been looking with interest at these great cars and have come to the conclusion it’s a bit of a mine field. I do not want a track car or anything super fast but something that is primarily practical ( as can be )

Some of the home builds look great and some not.

I missed the local south Hampshire meet this week but think it would be a great idea to come along to the next one and chat with existing owners and would appreciate it if you could tell me where and when this will be. 

All suggestions and recommendations on particular models and engine/ gearbox set ups welcome. 

Thanks 

Gary 

Welcome Gary

I am sure one of the Hants Area lads will be along to let you know about meet ups. 

As for what model and engine, it largely depends on budget and proposed use. You mention wanting a practical road car as opposed to a track day weapon, so that helps narrow things down. 

Getting along to a local meet is the best idea though, as you will hopefully be able to see a few examples and no doubt blag a passenger ride. 

You'll find that the local members will just love talking to you about their cars! If you can, I'd try and have a passenger ride in as many as you can. 

Oh and a warm welcome from Norfolk! 

:ww:

It's not a minefield as long as you take your time, understand what you need for your usage and take full advantage of your local members assistance!

Good luck.

Practical - I think not but a whole lot of fun.