front wishbones

SouthhamsChris

Hi all,  l'm looking at either refurbing my std front wishbones or changing to wide track.

On std track, is there an off the shelf alterative to using jubilee clips as stop locks on the steering rack to stop the cycle wings rubbing on the tub?  Jubilee clips fitted under the gaiters seem to split them over time.

Has anyone recently bought Rally Design wide track wishbones and if so how did they get on fitting them?

1 hour ago, Chrishubbs said:

Hi all,  l'm looking at either refurbing my std front wishbones or changing to wide track.

On std track, is there an off the shelf alterative to using jubilee clips as stop locks on the steering rack to stop the cycle wings rubbing on the tub?  Jubilee clips fitted under the gaiters seem to split them over time.

Has anyone recently bought Rally Design wide track wishbones and if so how did they get on fitting them?

I bought lower rallyedesign wide track lowers to replsce my damaged westfield ones. Decent quality and quite cheap.

I seem to remember they dont use standart bushes, they were 1mm smaller. @AdamR should be able to confirm it as he had to play with the lathe to turn them down.

Had the RD ones on for 10 years. Very happy with them.

I did have to swap the bushes over for their competition grade as their lesser poly bushes were too soft and went out of shape.

When I was fitting them initially, I did find that I had to spread the mouth of the brackets slightly to get them started and then gently tap them into position with a soft hammer. After that it has been all good and with these you can keep your original shocks as the mount point stays the same relative to the car.