Recommend me an impact wrench

TAFKARM

What are the best deals out there at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Northants AO said:

Wrench or driver?  Air, battery or mains? ;)

What’s the difference? And Battery.

For proper impact stuff, you want a wrench, not a driver.  Drivers are cheaper.

Main difference is in the 'bit' on the tool.  Driver has a hex 'socket', wrench is usually a 1/2" square.

You threw me, I said wrench in the title!

That's because most people say wrench, when they are talking about drivers :getmecoat:  

If you want to buy one and keep for a long time without battery issues then get a good one. Cheap are rubbish on batteries and frustrating.

I converted to Milwaukee many years back and batteries are still good.  Unlike the Makita , Bosch etc. 

We have Dewault and Snapon at work and they are good.

Cheap ones cost more in the long run. Or at least do with the frustration factor, short life - flat battery effect !

• Like 1

I've got makita and am very happy. My older batteries are quite a few years old now and are still fine.

What I would say is think about your future needs and stick to one make. Tools are much cheaper without batteries and once you've got a charger and a couple of batteries it's much better value to buy tools on their own. But then you do get tied into one make so I'm all makita now for better or worse.

The Dewalt XR range are pukka & used mine heavily past two years & still going strong :yes:

Martin uses Milwaukee and they're very good. I like the Makita LXT range which I bought on the recommendation of Mr Cleaver. 

If you buy a proper impact wrench, go careful with it in use, they can be beasts!