Le Mans Classic 2018

jonjh1964

On 08/07/2018 at 09:58, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

Was it on of you guys that's that's parked there Westfield in the middle of all the caterhams on the lotus stand ...? Did make me chuckle

Was it the blue FW parked on the front row? Put a smile on my face too.

Looks like you are having a great time I went to the lemans 24hr in my Westfield in June might do the classic next year what is the score with the parade laps how do you get these ?

Matty

51 minutes ago, matthew902 said:

Looks like you are having a great time I went to the lemans 24hr in my Westfield in June might do the classic next year what is the score with the parade laps how do you get these ?

Matty

Classic is every two years I believe so next one is 2020.

2 hours ago, matthew902 said:

Matty

Confirm the Classic is only every other year. You can apply through the ACO's agent Peter Auto in France or through a UK club that have managed to get places.  We did both, with the majority of using Pistonheads through their agent 1stTickets who also act for Aston Martin Owners Club, TVR Car Club and Cobra Replicas Club http://1st-tickets.co.uk/events/lmcpricesto.html.  Westfields have been added to the list of car makes that can take part and it covers all variants.

8 hours ago, jonjh1964 said:

Adge, If you zoom in on the bottom of the stand you can see us sitting in the shade

Well spotted, so that's "Chippy" and "Hawkeye" now ;)

Great shots from your helmet cam Jon.

17 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Well spotted, so that's "Chippy" and "Hawkeye" now ;)

Great shots from your helmet cam Jon.

860299311_Adgeovertake.jpg.e8f403cea715aae47b1bb18813023872.jpg

The last I saw of Adge as he shot off down the Mulsanne Straight

10 hours ago, Chester said:

Was it the blue FW parked on the front row? Put a smile on my face too.

Yeah that was the one .

I think I spotted you guys on Monday morning filling up in a garage on the other side of the airport. I definitely saw 4 or 5 Westfield's on being an lX . Gutted I didn't get mine down this year but 4 if us in one van on one pitch certainly kept the price down and Plymouth roscoff is the cheapest of crossings

Yep, sounds like us, filled up before the 50mph cross country chug up to Cherbourg.