N Yorks. 60'sFest. NYM Railway. Saturday 14th July.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

On Saturday 14th July, We are heading back in time and visiting Levisham station, which will be renamed ELVISham to mark the occasion. There will be an Elvis impersonator performing the King’s greatest hits, not to mention a beer tent and a display of groovy 60s vehicles.

The Weighbridge Tea Hut will be open 10:00 to 17:30 and the Paddock Tea Hut will be transformed into an American style 60s takeaway diner, serving lots of delicious treats between 11:00 & 17:00.

There are lots of other events going on at the various stations on the steam railway so may have a look at a few of those also if anyone fancies it.

I will be leaving Scarborough around 9.00am unless anyone wants to leave earlier for breakfast.

Anyone care to join me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a brilliant, relaxed day. 

Music was really great fun with diesel and steam trains running in the background.

Here are a few pictures.

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

• Like 2