Collection - What do i need for a 3 hour drive home?

NickBW

you need to be careful with your right foot until you get used to the car especially if its wet  ;)

Another recommendation for ear plugs too, especially if your route takes you on NSL roads. The first hour it's fun, the second and third can get tiresome (and tinnitus!)

Guess you will take tools and fluids , oil,water and fuel in the support vehicle. I agree with a buff to protect your neck and Sun cream and phone. I personally wouldn't take ear plugs.  For subsequent trips they are probably a good idea. However for your first trip you need to hear and feel,everything. It's part of your first experience and let's you hear the noises that are normal and those that are not. Anything that is noisy for 3 hours probably isn't going to break and if you hear anything new then you will know....

You will be hot,smelly and gritty when you finish,  but elated and only you will understand why :d

And your face will hurt

.......from grinning so much

3 hours ago, 6carjon said:

You will be hot,smelly and gritty when you finish,  but elated and only you will understand why :d

You and everyone else at WSCC :d

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ci_newman said:

Another recommendation for ear plugs too, especially if your route takes you on NSL roads. The first hour it's fun, the second and third can get tiresome (and tinnitus!)

Yep, after 18 years of Westfield ownership, if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have used ear protection on every trip.

A big bottle of anti grin cream, as you won't stop smiling all the way home!

For long journeys like this, fit the side doors if it has any. Cuts down on the wind in your ears, noise and rain. Your journey will be less tiresome.  

I chickened out of collecting mine from Worcester and sent a friend to fetch it on his recovery truck. 

Ohhhhhhhh  a week tomorrow.... 

:black-westy:

I am annoying the wife with my excitement.....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So @NickBW, today's the day.

Don't forget to post pics as soon as you can.

I will be watching out for you locally.

• Like 1

Absolutely!

Take it steady and enjoy yourself. :yes:

I made it home. I should have learnt that when taking the wife, a 3yr old and a 9 week old might delay the journey home. 

The only problem I have is I can't stop smiling. 

There I am with my support car 

I keep forgetting about my indicators at the moment

Ohhhh I put down sun tan lotion on, but too late. I got burnt on the way home.. lesson learnt there.

I'm away on holiday Tuesday. Bit gutted I am going to miss 10 days of good driving weather now

Just a big shout-out to Josh who gave me all the details and info I needed to ensure his car was the right one for me..

MVIMG_20180714_114346.jpg

MVIMG_20180714_164520.jpg

• Like 6