Collection - What do i need for a 3 hour drive home?

NickBW

Hi all,

A week this saturday, i will be collecting my first Westfield.  It is roughly a 3 hour drive there and 3 hours back.  Is there anything i need to pack for such a long journey on the way home in the Westfield?

I cannot wait to pick it up now!

Thanks

Nick

• Like 1

Congratulations.

I would take a hat, light coat in case it rains, and have breakdown cover just in case.

Dont forget a GoPro or camera.

Lets see a picture if you have one.

Suncream. Don’t forget the knees if you’ve got shorts on!

Enjoy.

• Like 1

On the assumption somebody is driving you down, have an agreed return journey planned so if you get separated you stand a chance of finding each other, cash for petrol, a navigation app such as WAZE on your phone, and an external battery to keep it alive.

On the breakdown cover my wife just signed me and herself up on Autoaid through Groupon and got a great deal, which was about £30 for the both of us for a year.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/autoaid-1?keyw=autoaid&crea=257534670219&netw=g&adpos=1t1&utm_campaign=UK_DT_SEA_GGL_TXT_TTT_SR_CBP_CH1_NBR_k*autoaid_m*e_c*257534670219_d*UK-RTC-Root-National_g*RTC-autoaid-1-EXACT_s*1407_t*kwd-299463799173&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&loc_physical_ms=9046337&loc_interest_ms=&template=ETA_DKI_2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvezZBRDkARIsADKQyPk_uSqDIjhQsuS2bCCEtqR1jruVeWxLwl8ry29rllr_zC600sgQc90aAidnEALw_wcB

Has it got a full screen or aero screen?

That will decide if you wear a hat or not! :laugh:

You will need glasses whatever,I wear chopper style ones with a foam seal around the glasses,surprising how much dust you can get coming in the car passing wagons etc.

Thermals if its cold 

My cap I have fitted with a lanyard around my neck so if it blows off it doesn't disappear into the scenery.

5 litres of fuel in a jerry can, until you know the fuel gauge accuracy.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Greg 1 said:

Thermals if its cold 

My cap I have fitted with a lanyard around my neck so if it blows off it doesn't disappear into the scenery.

Lanyard, that's posh, I've got an old boot lace to hold mine on, lmao :westy:

• Like 1

One of those neck scarf things, you will always get a certain amount of buffeting which seems the side of your head and neck area, can be tiresome on a long journey. I have a Chewbacca style hat for such occasions. 

1 hour ago, NickBW said:

Hi all,

A week this saturday, i will be collecting my first Westfield.  It is roughly a 3 hour drive there and 3 hours back.  Is there anything i need to pack for such a long journey on the way home in the Westfield?

I cannot wait to pick it up now!

Thanks

Nick

Make sure you give it a bit of throttle down the High Street, mine sounds great through there :laugh: and we will organise an evening chippy run soon after, so you can show it off!

2 hours ago, BugMan said:

Lanyard, that's posh, I've got an old boot lace to hold mine on, lmao :westy:

Well you know what they say about Yorkshire men. :d

We have come on a bit down under since the convict days. Have to keep up appearances.

Had a 4 1/2 hour journey back from Pembrokeshire last week and all we needed was a packet of sucky sweets (for Victor Meldrew fans) and a stop for petrol.

...and I’m a soft southern Jessie too.....

• Like 2

Super. Some great info from the seasoned Westfield owners...

The wife and 2 kids and 2 dogs going up on the Friday for a small 2 car convoy home. Of course she will be chasing me home. 

Need to pack a Westfield bag. 

Photos on collection!  :)

@kevin yep, some good local blat roads round us as well.