Just joined the Forum.

Greg 1

To introduce myself, I live in Perth Western Australia.

I have owned my Westfield for 11 years this month and have had it on the road for 10 of those years.

Whilst it has been built primarily as a road car, I have competed regularly in it in hillclimbs, sprints and regularity events.

It is probably a little unusual to you guys in the UK in as much that it is powered by a Nissan SR20DE with a Nissan 5 speed box. Fairly common engine choice of the day here though.

We have a very active club here specializing in 7's the Sports Car Builders Club of WA of which I am a founding member and its current Vice President.

I look forward to an exchange of information and views as being a member on the forum.

Welcome from North Oxfordshire :ww:

As an XI builder / owner, I may not have too much to contribute but there are many on here who know infinite amounts about the 7/SE cars that will, I am sure, be able to help in any way they can.

Simon

:ww:Greg, sounds like an interesting engine and gearbox combination :)

Welcome greg

Got very fond memories of the sr engine in det variety in my 200sx makes great power! Quite a tall engine though so not used in 7's much

Pics say a thousand words too....let's see the beast! 

Strewth!  Nice to see another from my end of the big blue ball.

And an SR20 to boot - the antipodean choice of 4-pot repower.

Welcome :ww:

:ww: from sunny Norfolk! Love to see some pics! 

The SR20 is quite a large engine dimensionally and is a close fit in the Westfield engine bay. You need the V8 bonnet to get it in.

I still run the standard wet sump and it still has more clearance than the tunnel brace behind the bellhousing 

A very robust engine comes standard with forged crank and rods so will handle some fairly serious power upgrades.

Mine is stock with the exception of a set of headers and a pretty loud free flowing exhaust. Just scapes in to our noise limits. I have about 150fwhp. I have concentrated most of my upgrades on handling and braking and the car is a delight to drive and ultra reliable.

• Thanks 1