WSCC @ Three Sisters Sprint - 29th July

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

From: Gavin Leadbetter (LDMC) [mailto:events@longton-dmc.co.uk]
Sent: 01 July 2018 13:55
To: Nick Algar (WSCC)
Subject: WSCC @ Three Sisters Sprint - 29th July

Afternoon Nick,

I hope all is well. Here we go again! I just wanted to drop you a note about our second sprint at Three Sisters Circuit on Sunday 29th July, which is, of course, a round in the WSCC Speed Series. To date, we only have 16 entries. At this time last year, we had 31 entries for the same event.

As mentioned when I emailed you about our June event, our SRs include the provision of a minimum entry level of 60 competitors, so I’m reaching out to the 7 invited championships to seek your assistance in promoting the event. We need a minimum of 6 more entries from each championship (including our own, admittedly) to make the event viable. Again, Longton & District MC is committed to promoting and providing great value motorsport. I sincerely hope this won’t be the first event we cancel because of a low entry number. We do, however, need to ensure each event is as financially viable as possible.

I have to say, competitors at our June event were delighted with the newly resurfaced track. Many of the classes saw records being broken, and our Course Record was broken by over  2 seconds!! If there’s anything you could do to promote the event, we would be very grateful. Feel free to reference our own Social Media accounts (in my signature below) in your own posts and tweets! For your information, links to the real-time entry list and the online Entry Form can be found below.

Three Sisters Entry List (29th July)

Three Sisters Entry Form (29th July)

Similarly, if you have any ideas what might be putting people off these events please do let us know. It would be valuable to our efforts in planning 2019 which is already well underway. In the meantime, thanks for your continued support. If there’s anything I can do to assist you then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,

Gavin Leadbetter | Secretary Of The Meeting

Three Sisters is a cracking little track, only relatively recently saved from the brink and already seeing some great improvements, it really does deserve as much support as posssible to keep these venues vibrant and alive!

As I recall from the recent past, there used to be an Aintree event on the Saturday and a 3 Sisters event on the Sunday in the same weekend. There is this scenario early in September but if it was repeated for other 3 Sisters / Aintree events it may add enthusiasm to make the trip worthwhile for others as the two venues are in reasonably close proximity to eachother

I will be attending just got to sort my entry.

It was a really good day the other week helped by plenty of runs and good atmosphere.

Oh and being at the top of the 3 sisters championship was good as well :p

• Like 1

Tempted to chuck a last minute entry in and double drive my Mazda with Mr Cleaver - see how the next few weeks pan out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AdamR said:

Tempted to chuck a last minute entry in and double drive my Mazda with Mr Cleaver - see how the next few weeks pan out.

Can I then drive your westy? :P

This will be another great value for money event and as stated previously the track surface is now perfect

lets have a few more entries please

• Like 1