Westfield Newbie - Manchester / Leeds

Brad Stone

Good afternoon ladies and gents, 

I have been floating around the forums for the past couple of months and have more recently joined up as a fully fledged member of WSCC on the back of my first Westfield purchase (I have been too busy enjoying the car until now!). 

A little bit about the car then, I believe this was built over the space of about 10 years, it's a 1992 SEiW kit that was first road registered in 2002 by the original builder. Unfortunately, he passed away 6 months later (Very unfortunate because it's a true credit to his engineering career through his attention to detail) and has since changed hands 3 times prior to the sale to me. I bought it of what I can only describe as a true petrol head, Ian who was replacing his current vehicle with an all singing megabusa built for the track along with numerous motorbikes in his piston-filled haven of a garage.

It's a 1660cc Crossflow (711m block) on Weber's, has been fully dry sumped and has had the rear disk conversion. The bodywork is in absolutely fantastic condition for it's age and really does want for nothing with a few miniscule gel coat cracks near the rear wheel arch. I have had the car for approx 1 month and have already covered circa 500 miles of sun drenched driving pleasure. The only change I am going to make in the near future is to change the steering wheel out for a smaller quick release unit, as I do think it is on the large side. The car also came with a full set of minilites which I am thinking of changing over too, but will shod them with new tyres and look to do that over winter. 

I am based in Bury, Manchester but am often in Leeds if anybody fancies a blat for a beer and some stunning scenery then hit me up. I shall also be attending some of the meetups so look forward to seeing some of you at those. 

Pics:

Westfield%201_zpsumubrtnr.jpg

Westfield%202_zpsq5o5bvvw.jpg

Westfield%203_zps4gptvfag.jpg

All the best, 

Brad

• Like 4

Looks lovely. Welcome, there’s plenty of activity around the Manchester through to Yorkshire, via the Peaks, so lots of opportunities for runs out in good company.

:ww:from Leeds. If you're over this way, we meet up at the Fox and Grapes on the 2nd Tuesday at 7.30 and the Red Kite on the 3rd Sunday for breakfast at 10 o'clock. 

24 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Looks lovely. Welcome, there’s plenty of activity around the Manchester through to Yorkshire, via the Peaks, so lots of opportunities for runs out in good company.

Thank you Dave, will be sure to utilise the strong network of owners!

25 minutes ago, Andy Westwood said:

Hi Brad 

Nice looking car:ww:

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your kind words!

19 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

:ww:from Leeds. If you're over this way, we meet up at the Fox and Grapes on the 2nd Tuesday at 7.30 and the Red Kite on the 3rd Sunday for breakfast at 10 o'clock. 

Hi Robin, 

That sounds fab. Is this the Red Kite in Wakefield?

14 minutes ago, Brad Stone said:

Hi Robin, 

That sounds fab. Is this the Red Kite in Wakefield?

Yes, it's on Denby Dale road, Wakefield, WF4 3BB. 

Welcome :ww:

Come on down to any meet around the NW, all will be very welcoming.

Mancs meet is 2nd Wednesday of Month in Chadderton. If there's runs out etc there'll be a post in forum events with details.

There's Blyton coming up in week and a bit. It's a great social. Be great if you were able to come along in your Westfield.

:ww: from Yorkshire