New Westfield owner

Rayzinzerbar

Hi guys and girls, 

I've recently purchased a Westfield that's been neglected for a few years. I'm making good progress but thought I would introduce myself.

Firstly a little about me, I was building a my Indy about 8 years ago until funds,time etc meant I had to sell but I've always been keen to get a seven car again. About a month ago a opportunity came along that I couldn't turn down and about 10 days ago I brought the car. The car has been stud under a tarpaulin for about 3 years, everything under the fibreglass is fine with a good solid chassis but the more exposed parts mainly the front running gear is a sorry sight.

The car is a 1997 sei wide in brg with a 16v 4-age on jenvey throttle bodies, Up to yet I've had all the interior out cleaned EVERYTHING in there and refitted. I'm planning on some intarim seats when funds allow apart from that I'm happy with the interior. 

Running gear I've replaced the front discs/pads, track rod ends and top/bottom ball joints, rusty old Spax out and shiny new gaz in and I've rubbed down the wishbones and headlight mounts and sprayed them black( not 100% happy with this so I'm thinking about sandblasting and powder coating them in the winter whilst the car is off the road) and I've cleaned up the Westfield hubs and cortina brakes (possibly go wilwoods in the winter too). At the rear I'm going to overhaul the brakes then I think I'm going to put it through a mot and see what happens.

I will try to post some pictures up of my progress. 

Adam.

:ww: from a very sunny Norfolk! Pics please!!!

:ww:from Yorkshire. 

Where abouts are you? 

Hello and a very warm welcome for hot Hampshire :ww:

Hi,Adam, welcome aboard from North Oxfordshire :ww:

Simon