comparing tyre profiles

stickymint

just put the car on the trailer for Aintree on Saturday and and i am looking at tyre profiles.

I am running 9.2/22-13 and am thinking could do with higher gearing, also have some 24/57-13 - are these the same or would they help improve the gearing?

9 hours ago, stickymint said:

just put the car on the trailer for Aintree on Saturday and and i am looking at tyre profiles.

I am running 9.2/22-13 and am thinking could do with higher gearing, also have some 24/57-13 - are these the same or would they help improve the gearing?

I'll have a go :) .. 22 refers to outside dia of the tyre in inches, and 57 outside dia in cm.

So, 22" compared to 57cm (22.44") .. the 24/57-13 has a larger dia by less than half an inch.. It would improve your gearing, but not a lot I suspect. 

I leave my car in the garage until the last minute as its not insured against theft when on the trailer in the drive at home.

What diff are you using Mick?

3.14?

For top soeed etc 9.2 x 22 are ptobably the best on a Busa with standaard graf ratios