Engine remapping today

jimbobtcc206

Just dropped the ‘boghouse’ at Ric Woods for the engine to be mapped/tweaked as necessary. Hopefully be able to give it a bit on the way home later today. So excited now!

• Like 1

Can I start the bidding for bogbrush @ 236bhp...?

Oh go on then.....I’ll hope for more but guess at 226

being a previous owner......232bhp.

Ric Wood may remember it from way back before my ownership.  He did some tuning for the previous owner Scott Beeland.

26 minutes ago, W Shep said:

being a previous owner......232bhp.

Ric Wood may remember it from way back before my ownership.  He did some tuning for the previous owner Scott Beeland.

Hi Wayne, yes I did mention that he had done it the first time it was built. He didn’t say much though.

When Ash rebuilt it the cam pulleys were well worn and it couldn’t be timed up properly. It really drives much better now so not expecting Ric will need to do much but just wanted it all checked out to ensure it’s at its optimum before I use it properly.

Lets hope you and Russ are better at guessing than me. That said I need to learn how to drive it first so whatever the power I’ll still be slow on track :-0

You don’t want to stick the bogbrush in the kitty litter! :D

Lol!.  I'm sure you'll be ok.  Blyton's a good track to learn a car, by the end of the day I'm positive you'll be buzzing.

I've been down to Blyton for the last 5-6 years but wasn't sure if I could make it this year, when I saw that you and the boghouse were going it prompted me to make further efforts.  So BOOKED ON!

See you there :cool:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W Shep said:

Lol!.  I'm sure you'll be ok.  Blyton's a good track to learn a car, by the end of the day I'm positive you'll be buzzing.

I've been down to Blyton for the last 5-6 years but wasn't sure if I could make it this year, when I saw that you and the boghouse were going it prompted me to make further efforts.  So BOOKED ON!

See you there :cool:

Nice one Wayne. Look forward to meeting you there!

I had a copy of Scott's old dyno print out from Ric for years on an old PC, I wonder what ever happened to it!

I’ve got the old printout Dave. It’s pretty much the same this time. It made 242.4 bhp at 7,339 and 179.6 lbft at 6,040. Pulls immensely well, very different to before. Quite scary for my first Westy so need to be careful!

F1C7E9CD-216D-46A8-9AEA-A7EDE0F883E9.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like I was closest. What’s my prize?

Wouldn't fancy working next to a hot engine today. Just look at the environment temp........:p

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I had a copy of Scott's old dyno print out from Ric for years on an old PC, I wonder what ever happened to it!

Here’s the old ones.....

29F2CBC2-7E1B-484D-9B8F-0C1BACB12C47.jpeg

1459FFBB-6347-424D-8D35-EB0638FB7802.jpeg

23 minutes ago, RussH said:

Looks like I was closest. What’s my prize?

You get to cook me some smoked meats.....pleasure of my company should be a worthy prize :-0

• Haha 1