classic shape or FW

miller

Hi guys I posted a week ago that I was waiting delivery of my westfield a 2ltr black top wide body (still Waiting :( ) but to be fair the seller has kept me updated 

BUT he has now had a FW bodied same spec as the one I have bought and has said I can change to the FW if I prefer 

I was wondering if there is much difference in the cars or is it just down to shape, and personnel choice ?

do the FW hold there price as well as the older shape

just wonder as a newbie and my first westfield  what the pros and cons are of the FW and siew 

thanks guys :yes:

Personal taste is the main one. 

FW is more “modern” looking and ZK more “classic”. 

Who knows which one may be more desirable in future? Could go either way but currently they both seem to be holding their price well. 

Personally i’d look into what is the exact spec, condition and build quality of each as that’s more important. If they truly are the same other than body type, then it’s up to you which one floats your boat. 

• Like 2

I'd be more interested in the add-on's like if either of them had wide front-end or long-range tank etc.

Personally I prefer the FW look of the back-end, but beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder.

thanks for replies guys going to look at both in the flesh tomorrow

the ZK is white and comes with all the weather gear (never been used)  and spare wheel again unused

only done 345 miles on a 15 plate built and never really  used  so I would think that would save me some money regards roof and spare wheel 

the FW is blue and only comes with doors I believe and done 2000 miles on a 13 plate (bloke emigrating) 

I will let you know  which way I go

thanks again :yes:

miller    

I’d go for either body shape, it would be spec and price that swayed me one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Dean Goodall said:

Hmmmm, tough one!

Which blue is the FW?

Haha mint. 

I forgot that colour is way more important than a BGH gearbox, Jenvey throttle bodies, widetrack and a Quaife LSD :d

I'd buy on spec my self.... the oily bits.... Also 335 miles.... not sure all the kinks after the build may have made themselves apperent at that mileage?

I'd also be a bit concerned about the low mileage one, if it's been sitting for a long time it would be worth going over all the rubber bits to make sure they have not perished.

I would also be more interested in the hardware fitted to the car, don't get bogged down in things like doors, hoods and a spare wheel.  Things like diff are massively complicated to change, you need to have a bit of a think abut what you are going to use the car for.  Don't forget to have a good look at the treys as well.

Go with what your hart tells you when you look at them both.

HI guys I have looked at cars and they are both like brand new 

the spec Is pretty much identical on both cars, throttle bodies, wide track, lsd, engine, bhp, tyres etc 

as for colour not important to me just put in the post :d    as the other guys say spec and build quality is most important  

both cars at a dealers and has said I can have 12 month warranty   

thanks for help guys looked at a few other things now as you've mentioned and there both really nice I will post pics and let you know which one I went for 

hopefully this weekend :yes:

as you say chris king its go with your heart time 

thanks guys hope to see you soon at meets, shows etc