Buttercup 2

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

A while back @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO put a post on Facebook asking for someone to paint a clear body for a radio controlled car, I saw it when I'd come in from the pub and replied saying I'd have a go. I've never painted one before but thought it can't be too difficult. 

I got the body from him in April, and got straight on with it yesterday. Clear bodies are painted from the inside with the detail done first, so after watching a couple of YouTube videos and asking in a local radio controlled shop I gave it a go. 

20180622_170351.jpg

20180622_191335.jpg

20180622_193617.jpg

20180622_195103.jpg

• Like 3

I finished it this morning ready to take with me on the run to the sun where I was meeting Geoffrey, who couldn'thave been happier with the car, kid in a sweet shop springs to mind. 

Thanks for the fish and chips. 

Let's see some photos of it in action. 20180623_110117.thumb.jpg.6c2d7809983725c0a06d0c3dcc7c671a.jpg

• Like 5

I really am delighted with it Robin.

I had a play tonight but will take the truck to the sea defences in Scarborough and get some video.

Looks really smart on the truck. :t-up:

8 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Think the colour's more marigold than buttercup :d

The spawn of Buttercup.

21 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Think the colour's more marigold than buttercup :d

It's actually Camel yellow.