Introduction

Cbradle5

Hi All. I’m new to this forum as a Westfield owner, builder, fetter and modifier. Some great information I’ve found very useful so far and is greatly appreciated. I’ll be joining as a member at the end of the month when my divorce is finally settled (no sympathy please). As one lady leaves, my Westfield takes her place!

Now I’m going to have to show my ignorance as I really don’t know what I have. All I know is it’s a CVH with a 5 speed box and now a clutch issue. Looking for some guidance please. 

I fitted a new friction plate last week as it didn’t disengage when pressing clutch (not sure if it was sticking on splines) and now all I get is lots of sparks and noise from the bell housing when the car is started. Looking at the clutch plate the boss appears to be thicker on the splined area of the friction plate. Is there a recommended flywheel, friction and pressure plate for what I have. I know it’s a big ask without photos at the moment or even knowing what type of gearbox or flywheel housing I have. Just looking for anyone out there that may be able to help identify what set up I have..... looks like an engine out job again! Any help from you guys and girls would be greatly appreciated. Chris

Could the friction plate be the wrong way round? They're sometimes marked "flywheel side" or similar.

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Could the friction plate be the wrong way round? They're sometimes marked "flywheel side" or similar.

Second that, if it's the wrong way round when fitted will be fowling flywheel mounting bolts.

Did you compare to the one you removed and try on the spline before mounting to the flywheel too?

Many thanks for responses. I’m going to pull it all out again and start over. I guess the question being what flywheel, friction plate and pressure plate do I need to use for a CVH to type 9 box. And I’ve seen some talk of needing a spigot bush. Any recommendations as to where I can source the correct parts from suppliers as I’ll replace it all whilst it’s out. Many thanks. Chris

I would pull it out again, compare with what was in..then photos and let the experts have a look..