Les Bird

Will I fit?

Les Bird

Am am expecting to buy a XI kit and was delighted to find one at Stoneleigh.  Simon Marks kindly showed me his pride and joy but  I found I did not fit.  I am 6'2' but have been told by Westfield that a XI should accommodate me. Simon's car had a fixed seat so I wonder (hope) others - with adjustable seats or a bench seat would be a fit.  In am based in Yateley (Hampshire) and was wondering if anybody would let me try their XI for size? 

robhume

Hi, I'm 6ft and my seat is the standard bucket type supplied with the kit. It is hard against the rear bulkhead

and is bolted through the floor pan, no runners. It just accommodates me with non bulky clothes

Unfortunately I'm in Suffolk, so not very close to Hampshire but if you are up this way more than happy to

let you sit in it.

However, you could venture up to Shelsley Walsh this coming weekend, Sat 23rd, where there will be at least two or three Elevens.

Good luck

Les Bird
23 hours ago, robhume said:

Hi, I'm 6ft and my seat is the standard bucket type supplied with the kit. It is hard against the rear bulkhead

and is bolted through the floor pan, no runners. It just accommodates me with non bulky clothes

Unfortunately I'm in Suffolk, so not very close to Hampshire but if you are up this way more than happy to

let you sit in it.

However, you could venture up to Shelsley Walsh this coming weekend, Sat 23rd, where there will be at least two or three Elevens.

Good luck

Les Bird

Thanks Rob.  Sadly family plane prevail this weekend.  But will take you upon your offer should I get towards Suffolk same time.  Regards. Les

James M Wilson

My problem is not height: it’s width.

I tried one on for size and it was too tight—so back on a diet.

But how large a waist size fits? 40 inch? 38 inch?

Smaller?

Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO

With regard to width, in my case I am around 40 inch waist.  I fit snugly in the standard bucket seat, but have to carry my usual pocketfuls of possessions in a "man bag" as there is not room for me and loaded trousers (including my reading glasses in their case which normally live in a right leg cargo pocket) between the transmission tunnel and cockpit side.

There used to be an option of an upholstered bulkhead and seat cushions which would release valuable inches in both directions.

Simon

• Thanks 1

James M Wilson

That’s really helpful. Thanks.