Lekky E Type

pistonbroke

First reaction was " thats not an E Type". Still think that holds, the sound of the straight six, for me is part of the car!

However, even though I'm far from a fan of electric cars, the fact that the installation is reversible (aledgedly!) makes it more palatable in my eyes!

As an old dinasoar, don't think you can beat a petrol straight six in "the most beautiful car in the world"

Sure others will have different opinions though!!

Thanks for posting this, certainly made me think!

Do you think he's realised that Megan is electric too? :oops:

• Haha 1

I can't see the point in electrifying a car likely to do a few hundred miles a year.   But it was them making a "statement" which is something different and has its own value.   

Quicker than the standard 6pot  but maybe won't go so far----------on second thoughts I reckon the range will be better considering the 6pots fuel consumption.

I think the 13amp E type sends a confusing message, why spoil a beautiful classic. I’m a big fan of electric and hybrid but why convert the past when a new design would have been more sensible and much less of an engineering compromise.

Not sure where we will get all this electricity from on a day with little wind, but that’s a different question.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Not sure where we will get all this electricity from on a day with little wind, but that’s a different question.

Easy.

Instead of burning petrol at some 80% efficiency, take some oil or gas burn it at 60% efficiency, turn it to steam, lose more by running through a turbine, them more again by spinning a generator, yet more losses via storage and distribution along with losses as you convert from megavolts to 240AC, then use it to run an electric motor.

Must end up turning that 80% efficient fuel into 5% to ensure we are all “green”

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Easy.

Instead of burning petrol at some 80% efficiency, take some oil or gas burn it at 60% efficiency, turn it to steam, lose more by running through a turbine, them more again by spinning a generator, yet more losses via storage and distribution along with losses as you convert from megavolts to 240AC, then use it to run an electric motor.

Must end up turning that 80% efficient fuel into 5% to ensure we are all “green”

Yup ! Gotta go green at all costs :t-up: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

And pay the “green” supplier a crazy price for the activity. I’m no fan of green, but I do like progress.

When it’s really practical I’d be happy to replace my zetec with an electric drive train and add a system that could make it sound like a Harley, US V8, 1980’s F1, Ferrari, Lamborghini, LFA, Thomas the Tank Engine, or even a zetec at the touch of a button.

I don’t doubt the ability of mankind to develop the energy we need in the end, when there’s money to be made, just don’t let any government manage the project.

• Like 1