Scottish Lowlands Mystery/Navigation Run - August 25th Saturday - POSTPONED 'til 2019

BigSkyBrad

Ask for both issues, and either you can write something up and send it direct or I can add it in to each report or we can do both

if we keep the same weekend then the other runs can work around it and by advertising now everyone can put it in their area diaries , hopefully getting a better turnout 

As Garry said, do both. get a bit of write up in the Area Reports, But also try and be an advert together, be it 1/4 page or whatever, both can be submitted through Gary, but if you need, myself, AO Rep Julie, Chairman Andy or any of the other committee members can have a word with Peter, too.

Start planning it into people’s diarries as soon as possible, and at the same time, sewing the seeds into members minds and building expectations etc! Maybe doing a piece on it as well as an advert, with plenty of photos, to whet peoples appetites?

the e-mail address aos@wscc.co.uk can be used to fire an e-mail off to all the Area Organisers if you want to keep them all up to date and ask for support to help promote it at meets etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Ask for both issues, and either you can write something up and send it direct or I can add it in to each report or we can do both

Definitely both AO reports and WW advert :yes: ( AO for weasel squeezers, WW for outlanders :p ) to catch the eyes of as many as possible.

bit of a bad weekend to plan it with the BTCC at knockhill , and after the effort you put in it would be a shame to waste it on so little cars . I leave the dessision up to you Brad and the rest of the club ???? where has everyone gone .

Bob

1 hour ago, ziplob said:

where has everyone gone .

It's school holiday time still, so people on family holidays, local level events, like the big Gold Cup Classic race weekend at Oulton Park,  which is like a mini Silverstone Classic. Then you have to factor in that a lot of the folks that like to do touring type events are not Boardroom regulars, if they visit at all. Hence a multi prong approach, using the magazine as well.

Also, we have the paper address slip that goes in with the magazine; at certain times of year, Peter is hunting for content for that bit, so an advert may be possible...

I truely wouldn't have thought I'd lose everyone to a BTCC event in Scotland!

No probs for 2019 - no BTCC that weekend! Any other car/race event that might trip it up?

We had cracking weather in July when we plotted the run? Can't quarantee that in Scotland though!

• Like 1

OK, that's bizarre!???  Since I chopped the run on Monday, the thread has had 450 views! Let's hope it's good advertising for next year!

• Like 3

On 13/08/2018 at 20:36, BigSkyBrad said:

As for next weekend, the missus and I are still going out for a burn in the car. There is a single-track that runs from the A701 to the A708 past the Talla and Megget reservoirs ... So, we'll be at Abington Services for 10:30 if you want to join us, down to Moffat, up and through this pass and then look for lunch on the other side, perhaps Selkirk or there is a little cafe in Cardrona, or just out of Peebles on the ED road? We're easy for either Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Brad,

Are you still planning a run out this weekend? Saturday would be best for me.

Cheers,

Brian

11 hours ago, H.7 said:

Hi Brad,

Are you still planning a run out this weekend? Saturday would be best for me.

Cheers,

Brian

Yeah Brian (and anyone else), Saturday is still on, and looking the best weather day of the weekend. See you at Abington for 10:30, for the Not-the-Navigation run!

Hope to join you tomorrow, the Talla road is great (often get quite a few cyclists on it though).

If you wanted to head SW, into D&G, this is a run I put on a year ago.
https://www.plotaroute.com/route/419419

Maybe a bit long for tomorrow, but maybe discuss the options at abington.

Cheers,

Dave.

3 hours ago, Davep1 said:

If you wanted to head SW, into D&G, this is a run I put on a year ago.
https://www.plotaroute.com/route/419419

We all did Mennock & Dalveen the other month. Also, I was trying to avoid down that way as that 'could' be around where the mystery run is/will be ;)

I had thought Abington, Talla, Peebles (lunch), Biggar (home-made ice cream) and back to Abington/Happington. That way you and Brian are heading home in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Davep1 said:

the Talla road is great (often get quite a few cyclists on it though).

Aren't cyclists oncoming on a single track just like playing Space Invaders? - destroy or avoid? :p

57 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

I had thought Abington, Talla, Peebles (lunch), Biggar (home-made ice cream) and back to Abington/Happington. That way you and Brian are heading home in the right direction

Sounds good to me!!

See you at Abington.

Dave.

Not going to make run tomorrow. Was out tonight and car is running like a burst A***. Well down on power. Seems to be a fueling issue but haven’t manage to diagnosed it yet. Don’t want to risk it. Enjoy. Weather looks good.