RFID Thieves

Captain Colonial

:o Wow, well done! Thieves that target the elderly are the worst kind of scum.

• Like 2

I have passed this story to my daughter who works for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. Obviously this is not directly connected with deafness, but many of their dog recipients are also handicapped in more than one way, and will be seen as vulnerable by these people. Well done Scott. 

• Like 4

A big pat on the back to you Scott, too many people just walk on by. As said those who pray on the elderly or vulnerable don't in my opinion deserve a place in our society. It would be interesting to know what info the police were to find on the device.

• Like 2

What they're doing is trying to initiate a contactless payment.  Good on you to stop them!

3 hours ago, Quinten Uijldert - Northants AO said:

What they're doing is trying to initiate a contactless payment.  Good on you to stop them!

I do think your right, but they'd need a bank account, and you can't open a bank account without ID, making any payments easily traceable and certainly any transfers from that to other accounts.......
I guess some people are just somehow above the law and manage to open bank accounts anonymously :(

Wouldn’t you need a merchant or business account to take electronic payments? 

Can’t see how they’d get away with it - but obviously some scrotes seem to know!

Who says they are UK bank accounts? The freedom to use our cards in hundreds of countries is surely a two way street...

• Thanks 1

On 17/06/2018 at 20:53, Blatman said:

Who says they are UK bank accounts? The freedom to use our cards in hundreds of countries is surely a two way street...

Exactly. Contactless payments are international these days. Just ‘cause the UK banks make you jump through hoops, doesn’t mean they do everywhere.