Shelsley Walsh Event 23rd June ONE WEEK AWAY

graham frankland

Hi All

Our Shelsley Walsh celebration is one week away on the 23rd June. It is open on the day to all comers!

Free admission, Free Camping Friday and Saturday Night!

Don't worry if you have not booked anything just come along and enjoy the OLDEST tarmac motorsport venue in the world.

See Westfield's and other cars going up the hill in a family FUN DAY spirit!

Enjoy the working Water Mill, have an ICE CREAM and just relax!

So why not have a great day out in your Westfield or any other car, meet friends and other club members, chat and reminise?

If you cannot resist the temptation to have a go up the hill your self we will be able to fit you in for some runs on the day!

Crash Helmets can be hired on the day as required!

Food available at lunchtime if required!

The weather forecast looks favourable for the day!

So nothing to stop you coming out in your "Pride and Joy" for a FUN DAY at the HILL!

Look forward to seeing you all!

Thanks

Graham

• Like 6

• Kingster pinned this topic
On 15/06/2018 at 09:13, graham frankland said:

Hi All

Our Shelsley Walsh celebration is one week away on the 23rd June. It is open on the day to all comers!

Free admission, Free Camping Friday and Saturday Night!

Don't worry if you have not booked anything just come along and enjoy the OLDEST tarmac motorsport venue in the world.

See Westfield's and other cars going up the hill in a family FUN DAY spirit!

Enjoy the working Water Mill, have an ICE CREAM and just relax!

So why not have a great day out in your Westfield or any other car, meet friends and other club members, chat and reminise?

If you cannot resist the temptation to have a go up the hill your self we will be able to fit you in for some runs on the day!

Crash Helmets can be hired on the day as required!

Food available at lunchtime if required!

The weather forecast looks favourable for the day!

So nothing to stop you coming out in your "Pride and Joy" for a FUN DAY at the HILL!

Look forward to seeing you all!

Thanks

Graham

Hi Folks

In addition to the bar being open from 3-00 pm on Friday afternoon Shelsley have agreed to put on some hot food for us as well in the evening from about 6-00 pm for an hour or so!

I am sure with the helpers getting hungry and the "early bird" arrivals it will be good way to kick off the weekend! Couldn't manage chips at the outside food bar though, due to H&S ventilation requirement. The catering manager is opening up especially for us and is doing the cooking so the rest should be fine!

Best regards

Graham 

• Thanks 1

Graham is there a kit list

helmet. -  full face open or flip style ?

gloves anything specific

normal clothes covering arms and legs or a race suit

fuel in 5l fuel cans 

2 hours ago, Banshee said:

Graham is there a kit list

helmet. -  full face open or flip style ?

gloves anything specific

normal clothes covering arms and legs or a race suit

fuel in 5l fuel cans 

Hi Banshee

Essentially it is really down to you as it is a fun day!

If you havesafety gear to MSA road going regs then that is always better!

If not track day standards apply clothing such as full length jeans and reasonable jacket to cover upper body and arms.

Helmets should be in good condition with no obvious damage.

Robust gloves to protect hands from cuts and abrasions.

Fuel in safe containers, size really dependant on how many runs you are planning to to undertake?

Hope  this helps?

Thanks

Graham

Is there anywhere close to Shelsey Walsh to park motorhome and trailer on Thursday night please..

3 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Is there anywhere close to Shelsey Walsh to park motorhome and trailer on Thursday night please..

Jim

Please advise what time you are planning to arrive?

When I know I will ask some questions for you!

Graham

Hi Graham

We are at Stratford upon Avon ,less than an hour away and plan to have a look around Worcester tomorrow ,so could be at Shelsey anytime really from say 4 o'clock .

Jim

14 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

If you are stuck there’s Hopley’s family camping in Bewdley which has electric hook ups & is only 10 to 15 minutes from Shelsley. 

47 minutes ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

If you are stuck there’s Hopley’s family camping in Bewdley which has electric hook ups & is only 10 to 15 minutes from Shelsley. 

Thank you , we also found that there are Motorhome overnight bays in Worcester

2 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

@graham frankland are there still spaces for the run up the hill

Hi Ben

Yes we can accommodate more cars after lunch

Please contact myself or John Williams when you arrive at Shelsley, we will deal with payment and the fomalities on the day!

Thanks

Graham

2 minutes ago, graham frankland said:

Hi Ben

Yes we can accommodate more cars after lunch

Please contact myself or John Williams when you arrive at Shelsley, we will deal with payment and the fomalities on the day!

Thanks

Graham

no space left for the whole day then @graham frankland

6 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

no space left for the whole day then @graham frankland

Yes but at this late stage it is a timing and admin issue for the morning ?

When and what time are you planning to arrive at shelsley?

Thanks

Graham

If i booked on the full day i would have been there for the sign on. not to worry though ill make my way down mid morning

15 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Hi Graham

We are at Stratford upon Avon ,less than an hour away and plan to have a look around Worcester tomorrow ,so could be at Shelsey anytime really from say 4 o'clock .

Jim

Hi Jim

I have just spoken with Shelsley and you can park in the Orchard tonight at your own risk.

No electrical hook ups and not cost!

If you want to take up this offer please enter the Orchard via Gate F please be careful opening and closing the gate as there maybe some sheep still grazing!

Just park somewhere just inside the gate and I will give you more guidance on car and trailer parking when I get down just before lunch Friday

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham

• Kingster unpinned this topic