Bristol / South West Meet

Jitterbug

Hi All, 

If I am right, I don't think there is currently a South West Area Representative? Is there anyone on here near Bristol that has a Westfield? I know a lot of other car clubs in the area hold regular get togethers, but I have yet to see any Westfields on the road since living here. Relatively speaking we are closer to the factory than some of the other areas, so I am hopeful there are some owners around. 

Best Regards

Mike 

Never been a WSCC Rep in the four years Ive been a member - although cotswolds do some trackdays and some show events in our area.

Hi Mike

I run the WSCC Cotswold Area Club, so not a million miles away.  We hold trackdays and have a big car show scheduled planned for the year.  you're more than welcome to come along and say hello 

The other club close to you is KitNet Club which we work with 

Tom 

Hi you are right it is a bit lonely down here i live in cheddar and have been talking to the Dorset group but thay meet at bridport that’s a long way for me to go. I think the Cornwall ,Devon and Dorset groups are going to Haynes breakfast club on the first Sunday of the month 

Interesting, well David cheddar is a lot closer than Bridport! I do enjoy a trip to Haynes motor museum, the food when I went was excellent and if you are member of the caravan club which my in laws were, you get in for free. Not sure if wscc qualify for a discount... 

As a member currently rebuilding a Westfield, I have not actually been in one so was hoping to shotgun a ride in someone's locally. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be a funny area. It’s been a really strong area a least twice that I’m aware of, and then as people slowly change cars etc over the years has faded away twice, too.

its almost like it’s been a victim of its own success, in that once it was no longer getting the turnouts and activity it did, even though it still had better numbers than some of our smaller areas, people would just stop going and supporting it. Then someone enthusiastic would pitch in and it would take off again!

Sadly, we’ve not seen any one stepping forward to try and get it going again for quite a few years now. It won’t help that there are some really strong areas around it these days, for those that will travel a bit.

If anyone did fancy having a go, do contact the AO Rep, @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO For a chat. We can help with you sounding the water, before committing one way or another...

I'm from bristol, tis a shame we don't have anything too regular. With two youngun's  I could not commit to the organisation side but i would get involved for sure. I've been known to hit the queen's square breakfast club on occasion. First Sunday of the month few kit cars there. Its now done in other areas as due to complaints.

Jitterbug where are you in Bristol? 

Im involved with KitNet heavily in the Bristol area so if i were AO it would be in parallel with their events most likely.

I used to drop in on the Bristol meets a few years ago, they had quite a popular area.

Nothing in South Wales either at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2018 at 18:57, SXRORY said:

I'm from bristol, tis a shame we don't have anything too regular. With two youngun's  I could not commit to the organisation side but i would get involved for sure. I've been known to hit the queen's square breakfast club on occasion. First Sunday of the month few kit cars there. Its now done in other areas as due to complaints.

Jitterbug where are you in Bristol? 

Hi, I am in Brislington BS4. Its a shame the Queens Square gathering has moved on. I stumbled across it a few times as a pedestrian and there were always some interesting cars present. My westfield is a project, so far from able to drive to an event at the moment. It would be good to meet someone locally with a Westfield though as I have not yet been in one! 

Thanks

Mike 

Kitcar meet in Portishead this Weds evening ~ 1900. Two regular meets around Bristol with kitnet.uk

https://kitnet.uk/community/

We were near WSCC at Silverstone Classic this weekend.

I am in Keynsham but due to move soon but still Bristol based.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Hi, I am in Brislington BS4. Its a shame the Queens Square gathering has moved on. I stumbled across it a few times as a pedestrian and there were always some interesting cars present. My westfield is a project, so far from able to drive to an event at the moment. It would be good to meet someone locally with a Westfield though as I have not yet been in one! 

Thanks

Mike 

It has not finished they just move it about now. Last one was at the rugby club in bris funnily enough.

I don't mind taking you out dude for a blat. Normally do a Sunday morning early or of an evening. I ll pm you when I m next going out. Might see if I can get this portishead thing to work out but need to check with the missus 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I have just bought my first Westy, due delivery start of September, so keen to meet up with like minded souls.

I live and work in North East Bristol (Emerson’s Green/Abbey Wood) and would be happy to take on the Bristol AO at a most basic level to see what support we have for meets and events etc? 

As a newbie, I would need plenty of ‘whispering in my ear’ to make sure I stay on track so to speak. 

On 04/08/2018 at 10:34, CeeBee said:

Hello all, 

I have just bought my first Westy, due delivery start of September, so keen to meet up with like minded souls.

I live and work in North East Bristol (Emerson’s Green/Abbey Wood) and would be happy to take on the Bristol AO at a most basic level to see what support we have for meets and events etc? 

As a newbie, I would need plenty of ‘whispering in my ear’ to make sure I stay on track so to speak. 

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO New Bristol AO in the making 

@CrisisWolf or @CeeBee or anyone in that area, if you want to know more about what being an AO involves just drop me an email and I can give you some information. There is no minimum term so why not try it out for a while and see what you think?