How to mount rear diffuser.

Nosbod

Just a quickie; one of my post IVA mods is the addition of a rear diffuser (which is in the garage collecting dust).  Question is what method/means have people used to attach/mount theirs?

Thanks in advance.

I seem to remember seeing one which had a piece of aluminium rivetted to the chassis at the from point of the diffuser. The front then slotted into the gap  the backs were pins secured into the spare wheel carrier mounts, these passed through a hole on each side and secured with a quick pin.

• Like 1

Pics of how we have mounted ours... carbon diffuser to a megabusa... 

slotted rail at the front, rivnutted to the chassis, and at the rear a rivnut with bolt (don’t use bonnet pins as the fall out) , with rubber washers to take up any gap..

hope this helps..

A677AEF3-505F-489A-9B4F-BDE7A9251664.jpeg

F4B144BD-C96B-4C2E-85FA-819600551516.jpeg

802F0FCA-B104-453D-96FD-E2CE0B12782C.jpeg

B7BB66B4-8757-4363-8D4F-393C17422A1F.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

depends which body style FW or ZK

FW body, and Westfield supplied diffuser.

lots of historical threads on here about mounting the diffuser. Try the search function...?

5 hours ago, CraigHew said:

lots of historical threads on here about mounting the diffuser. Try the search function...?

Thanks for the constructive help...

I did try searching before posting this but with no fruitful results...I Would be happy to pointed in the direction of them though!

Fortunately there are other helpful folk using this forum who aren't keyboard warriors ;-)

2 minutes ago, Nosbod said:

Thanks for the constructive help...

I did try searching before posting this but with no fruitful results...I Would be happy to pointed in the direction of them though!

Fortunately there are other helpful folk using this forum who aren't keyboard warriors ;-)

It certainly wasn't meant to be offensive, shame you took it that way.

My point was there are numerous historical posts with detailed photos that may help you decide which is best for you rather than one or two limited replies....

3 hours ago, CraigHew said:

It certainly wasn't meant to be offensive, shame you took it that way.

My point was there are numerous historical posts with detailed photos that may help you decide which is best for you rather than one or two limited replies....

Far from offended, made me chuckle more than anything.

Maybe if you hadn't posted in such an obnoxious manner initially, you wouldn't have had to explain it second time around :-)

Thanks to castlecroft for the photo's.

• Like 1