Morris Minor

Andrew (Fat_chap)

Wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but thought 'Stuff and Nonsense' seemed as good a place as any.

My wife's grandad died just over 3 years ago leaving an unfinished Morris Minor 1000 project in his garage, we are now looking to sell it but have not got a clue about it's potential value. I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to shed some light on what it might be worth. It's a 1969 Morris Minor 1000 in blue, it was last started over 5 years ago (but at that time it was running alright). It has had a respray and the interior had been refurbished to a high standard. There is also a full garage of spares and parts to go with it (I've already taken bits I could use on the Westy). My wife has contacted the Morris Minor Owners Club for their input, but thought I'd ask on here as well.

Or if anyone knows someone looking for a Morris Minor 1000 project - let them know.

Thanks, Andrew

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks to be a nice car. Perhaps you should push it out the garage and wash it to find out if the paintwork is as good as it should be.   Can't be much work to get it running and MOt'd and it will be worth double what it is now. As a guide have a look at Minors on Car and classic website.

I agree. Get it out in the sunshine, get it washed/cleaned then have the plugs out and look down the bores (maybe grab a cheap USB snake camera) and if it looks OK then check the fluids and crank it/start it. 

No idea what it's worth but it looks to be a nice example from the photos. If you have the history as well (receipts etc) then so much the better.