Whats yours called and why!

Ali and Gail

Plain and simply “Tommy” after my dad who encouraged me in all sorts of car naughtiness and never got his own “7” due to me arriving 

• Like 8

My first one was called jenny after my mum it had her initials on the number plate hadn't realised until i got it it home. Second one was call jenson because he was more hard-core same reg. This one is called Dev spotted his name on the inlet manifold :getmecoat:

• Like 3

Mine was nicknamed “Brum” by my eldest sons, at the time, girlfriend.  As most of you know, Brum is a kids TV programme featuring a two seater yellow car with a face.....

7C861BE2-84F4-4AE3-9A57-CE111A990441.jpeg.44858bbb6cf0e7c6896780a94881f65b.jpegI was less than amused and now the name appears to have stuck as the wife hates the car and knows the name annoys me!!!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Plain and simply “Tommy” after my dad who encouraged me in all sorts of car naughtiness and never got his own “7” due to me arriving 

:yes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

The first passenger in my car after the build was my mate Mick.

At the time Mick had recently been diagnosed with MND (or ALS as the Mercans call it) - but I call it 'worst nightmare syndrome'.

Anyway - I took Mick out for a run and at the end he looked up at me and said - "thanks Chris, it's been a while since I've had something to smile about - and that really did make me smile"

I was well chuffed that he'd enjoyed the blat and he said "so, what do you call her?"

I replied "I've not got a name - any suggestions?" - to which he pondered a bit and replied "Scarlet".

So, Scarlet it is - in memory of my great mate Mick who sadly passed away just before Xmas last year.

That's quite moving.

• Like 2

Toadmobile

wY9xsd3.jpg

If you are familiar with Mr Toad and his antics you'll get the picture...

• Like 3

One of my favourite places and also the location of my favourite whiskey is the western Isles of Scotland and more specifically one very small island famed for its Peaty whiskey.

Therefore being a Westy, “Islay” seemed to fit the bill!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Probably a bit boring but I call mine "the Westfield" because it is the Westfield. 

I'm with you mate, these people are odd.

9 minutes ago, RussH said:

47A5FAA4-B9B9-4F33-87D2-18C9C635D4F3.jpeg.1512a9c421841725c0a6bd39653b25fe.jpeg

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, RussH said:

We've also got the Alfa and the KA. 

27 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

We've also got the Alfa and the KA. 

We’ve got the Skoda and the Mazda. 

My wife calls mine "The bottomless pit" as in a bottomless pit for money ,and it's generally called that when any packages arrive in the post...

• Haha 2

"The blue brick" cause it's blue and its.....well you know the rest:yes:

Wife bought me a key ring to cement the name

IMG_20180615_192437.jpg

• Haha 1