Whats yours called and why!

Ali and Gail

Having been with the club for a couple of years now we now know nearly as many Westfields names as we do members, but what are the stories behind the names? 

Ours, as some of you know is Mrs P.  We were asked why Mrs P very early on by @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO and to us it's simple. Mrs as it's Gail's car and the P is for pipe dream, one we are now actually living. :d

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Many people know mine is called The Wench, but fewer know why.  It’s because it’s colourful, flashy, noisy, demanding, hates being ignored, likes it rough, smokes a bit, drinks like a fish, strictly for amusement, prefers to have her top off, and if you’re inside her for more than an hour you bum goes numb. :D

That is fantastic, I have a massive grin on my face at work, everybody is asking why

• Thanks 1

Bagpuss-named by @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO as my pi55 poor flower knowledge suggested Primrose, given @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO naming! :cry:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Many people know mine is called The Wench, but fewer know why.  It’s because it’s colourful, flashy, noisy, demanding, hates being ignored, likes it rough, smokes a bit, drinks like a fish, strictly for amusement, prefers to have her top off, and if you’re inside her for more than an hour you bum goes numb. :D

Just what I was after.

I had better go next then. Mine is called RITA after the ride at Alton Towers - RITA The Queen of Speed. I don't have to go to Alton Towers to get my thrills anymore.

Naming services can be provided foc

• Like 4

My first was named Roary by my son ... as it's red and looks like Roary the Racing Car (starring Peter Kay).

The second is Maverick and was named by a previous owner in the mid naughties. 

• Like 4

Mines called Ruby

When I went to see her she was in a bright showroom full of Ferrari's she stood out because of the darker colour

20170818_095851.jpg

• Like 3

Mine even though I refer to the car as a she/her is known as Moses 

As it parts traffic under acceleration 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mines is called Frankie... but I never refer to her like this.

Why? well... Back in Spain, owning an MK and being part of a club called Lighweight maniacs... we was following UK forums and sharing amusing or interesting content between us for a laught.

When @AdamR started all the technical treads developing the car, we used to follow them and call her Frankie... because it looked chunky, fast and aggressive. (like Dr Frankenstein monster)

I never thought I would end buying the car several years later.

• Like 4

Wendz nickname tigger so originally westie 'Onliest One', clearly - no other exactly the same!

But when started sprinting found out was heaviest Westie, hence now 'the Lardy One' :)

• Like 2

Buttercup, for no other reason than I thought it suited her. 

• Like 2

Probably a bit boring but I call mine "the Westfield" because it is the Westfield. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“The mid life crisis”.   More to do with me than the car..  the wife has far less flattering  names for it.   

• Haha 4