Custom Steel Brake Pipes

Tim Reid

For my own project I have bought several meters of coated steel brake pipe. It's the same as Westfield use and I had to import it from Germany.

I also bought a quality flaring tool and have various old terminals so can custom make the hards pipes for you. Maybe you have one that didn't quite go as you wanted, has been damaged, or to replace a flexible or copper line.

I'm removing the pressure switch so having a new, clear run from the MC to front tee as I'm using a mechanical switch on the brake pedal.

Westfield no longer do custom brake pipes, they now buy in complete kits at £40 so no good if you need one or a non standard fitting (my new Master Cylinders are 3/8 not M10).

Tell me what you want and I'll see if I can make it for you.

This is not an ongoing "business" but to use up the leftovers which are hard to get and recover some of the cost invested in tools which otherwise would have only been used for four flares.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in having a custom pipe made?

I might instead resell the tool and remaining pipe.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am having to make pipes up for my 1989 car and need a quality flaring tool. Could you please advise what you used?

Regards Bernard

3 hours ago, Craigib76 said:

How much for the tool posted to central Scotland 

cheers Craig 

Hi Craig

I sold the tools a year ago but still have some of the special pipe left if anyone wants to save themselves buying long lengths from Germany.

Thanks, Tim

5 hours ago, etypebernard said:

Hi, I am having to make pipes up for my 1989 car and need a quality flaring tool. Could you please advise what you used?

Regards Bernard

If making pipes off the car a vice mounted tool is best but this managed to do the job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272814989138

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.