Donington 2nd July with MSV

Andrew

Russ..sorry about engine..oil pressure drop with heat?  At Bedford last Monday I was hitting 117 and would then slow for half a lap..water temp down at 85 with the Coolex rad..need bigger oil cooler over winter..

25 minutes ago, Mole said:

Russ what did you think of the track?

Awesome

20 minutes ago, Mole said:

Russ..sorry about engine..oil pressure drop with heat?  At Bedford last Monday I was hitting 117 and would then slow for half a lap..water temp down at 85 with the Coolex rad..need bigger oil cooler over winter..

Less awesome - I think so. I don’t have an oil temp gauge or oil cooler. 

8 hours ago, RussH said:

I was hitting some great lines ;) @BCF

No issues with noise. Apart from my swearing at the end of the day. 

Hit some great lines there Russ.

I went to the bank today. Hit some great lines.

23 hours ago, Mole said:

I ran my Duratec for several years doing track days without an oil temperature gauge. When I fitted one a couple years ago I found I was up to 135C and presumably had been at that level on many occasions before but had not experienced any problems.

Having said that I have now fitted a small modine cooler which has helped a little, but I was still up to 125C after several laps on Monday evening at Donington.

Where did you fit the sender Steve? 

Mine is on the sump plug...

Russ at blyton my oil pressure was dropping to 40 .. I had changed to 5w40 oil this year.. but it was getting Brooklyn thin so went back to 10w50 and despite the higher temp I was nearer 60psi..so will stay with the 50 during this hot weather..

3 hours ago, RussH said:

Where did you fit the sender Steve? 

In the big blue plug as shown.

DSCN7759.JPG

A couple of videos from myself and son:

First is me driving, a lap or so behind Russ, then a few clear laps catching an old Porsche 911.

Second one is my son Pete driving.  A lap behind a quite rapid Porsche 968 maybe? followed by some clear track with the odd car.. 

• Like 1

Nice smooth driving Andrew.

Looks like you and the car were going very well :)

1 hour ago, Oily Steve said:

Nice smooth driving Andrew.

Looks like you and the car were going very well :)

Thanks Steve. How did your evening with the Mazdas  go? 

Not too bad although there were several red flags, one that took awhile to sort out due to a car in the tyre wall at the top of the pit straight.

Otherwise, it was perfect conditions to enjoy a dry and sunny Donington :d

The only problem I had was running low on fuel and hadn't brought any with me because I thought I could buy fuel on the night but it wasn't open!

Now looking forward to Blyton on the 13th

• Like 1

Andrew looks like a great day with empty track.. You were going well..enjoyed seeing the speed.. Ron down craner  curves is fun!

29 minutes ago, Mole said:

Andrew looks like a great day with empty track.. You were going well..enjoyed seeing the speed.. Ron down craner  curves is fun!

Redgate through to Coppice is superb. Every time we went out, we were "definitely going to do Craners flat".. mostly we didn't, but I think the last laps of both videos were pretty much flat down the Craners. I saw the higher speed down there at 111mph. One up on the youth! :cool: