New exhaust (Carbon)

Sparkymart

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust (silencer) I got the standard Westfield 4" one on a 2L zetec and it is loud especially at 4.45 AM when I set of to work .I was looking at a 6" from wunoff but I've since seen the carbon silencer on the Westfield site but it's saying 3 to 4 weeks lead time .is there anyone else making these  and at better money ?

Cheers Martin

You can buy a 6 inch diameter one direct from Motad,but the 6.5 inch diameter is exclusive to Westfield.

If you do contact them just say it's for a kit car, don't mention Westfield! :)

2 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

I thought motad went bust?

If you Google Motad it looks like they were saved.

I presume people have bought these silencers off Westfield recently ?

Unless of course they have someone else making them

Not sure then. 

The carbon silencers do look the dogs danglies on the car but I was distinctly unimpressed with the quality of the welding on the one I had. 

Even Wunoff’s welding has been a bit hit and miss. My 6” was ok, but I’m having the 7” one I got from them re welded by someone else. 

27 minutes ago, Stephen W said:

Even Wunoff’s welding has been a bit hit and miss. My 6” was ok, but I’m having the 7” one I got from them re welded by someone else. 

I ordered a 6" polished stainless steel silencer and link pipe from Wunoff yesterday to replace my Westfield 4", so I'll watch out for that when it arrives. Thanks for the heads up.

Would have liked a carbon can, but Westfield's prices are too steep and the lead time is too long. Wunoff say it'll be with me by 20th June.

23 minutes ago, David-hrv said:

I ordered a 6" polished stainless steel silencer and link pipe from Wunoff yesterday to replace my Westfield 4", so I'll watch out for that when it arrives. Thanks for the heads up.

Would have liked a carbon can, but Westfield's prices are too steep and the lead time is too long. Wunoff say it'll be with me by 20th June.

Like I said my 6” was good. The bolt on end sections are bought in so the welding is good. 

They made a one off (no pun) 7” one for me which wasn’t repackable and the welding was poor sadly. 

I've had a quick look in Google land and I can't find much on motad but I did find a Facebook page but the last post was a year ago :down:

Racecourse exhausts maybe worth a try for stainless or titanium one.. I want to change mine a bit and so far seem really helpful..

2 hours ago, CosKev said:

Yeah I found that and all the similar stories from June last year, but since then it seems to have all gone quiet. The web sites are all down, which considering they bought the name/reputation isn’t the best of signs. 

The doesn’t seem to be much current information, if any, about them, sadly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yeah I found that and all the similar stories from June last year, but since then it seems to have all gone quiet. The web sites are all down, which considering they bought the name/reputation isn’t the best of signs. 

The doesn’t seem to be much current information, if any, about them, sadly.

Yeah doesn't look promising.

But surely someone on here has ordered one off Westfield since last year,what was the outcome? :)

It sounds like the old MD bought up remaining stock and sold it off, so that may have kept them going for a while. Otherwise, I guess they’ve just got someone else to make them. (Or an equivalent)

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yeah I found that and all the similar stories from June last year, but since then it seems to have all gone quiet.

I've come to the same conclusion nothing since last year . I'll give the number on Facebook a call on Monday and see if there is any joy