Railway Run in the Peak District, Saturday 9th June

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS at 10.30am. After a quick gathering we will travel 10 minutes down the road to get a bacon butty or similar and watch the 11.15am  steam train depart the station. 

Then we will take a very indirect route, along some nice roads to Peak Rail at Darley Dale to watch the 13.33 steam train arrive, and I think there might be lunch and/or cake involved at this time.

Listen very carefully, come closer, if it rains like last week.....DON'T TURN UP.......and let me know so I can stay in bed too.

Presuming the weather is nice, who is joining us?

Planning on joining you - will confirm when Keely has promised good weather!

Sorry Julie, but I won't be available for this one.

As long as the weathers ok we'll see you there :yellow-westy:

I am camping  this weekend at ca**ington..  have a good one.

• Haha 1

Can't make it, sorry. Have fun!

Aye, I’m out too, final car cleaning and checking over before Le Mans next week.

Julie - it looks like you are going to have to get out of bed because the Lincolnshire mob are coming. The weather man was Matt today and he says it’s going to be fine so I am definitely coming! If it was Keely I would look out of the window tomorrow before committing! See you in Matlock. 

I/we  may join you, just keeping an eye on the weather :yes:

I can't make it again. I have been working most Saturday mornings of late. :(

Shame this isn’t on Sunday - I’d really like to attend my first meet, but I just can’t do Saturdays

weather permitting, I’m definitely up for a Sunday Peak District meeting

• Like 1

Righty ho @AndrewBClarke if young Matt says the weather is ok then I will set my alarm and warm my new tyres up, all 4 of them!! 

The next Peak District meeting will be on a Sunday, I only went for Saturday so that I could move it on a day if the weather was bad, if I had known hey.

For tomorrow, the route has been set, about 5 minutes on an A road, the rest of it is well off the tourist route. Looking forward to it :d......listening to the V8 start that is.

• Like 1

We can't make it, looking after grandchildren but will be at Curborough for a few hours in the morning!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO said:

We can't make it, looking after grandchildren but will be at Curborough for a few hours in the morning!

And we thought you came back off holiday especially to come out with us today!! Have a good day. Will miss your company. 

• Like 1