SEW shocks

Jonk179

Hello all,

My1999 SEW has now covered 30000 miles on its original suspension and they are tired. What units would anyone recommend to replace the shock absorbers and springs? I think I will rebush the wishbones/ trailing arms with poly bushes at the same time, again any recommendations?

Thanks in advance jonk179

Protech are a good value option. I got a set for ours from Procomp, with springs to suit.

(other fine springs and dampers are available)

No point me adding an independent view.   For a fully biased view email me .   Tony_shakeshaft@spaxperformance.com

• Like 1

Anyone else fitted Protech or Spax shocks and springs on an SEW? Which is preferable

Given that Spax isn’t just a sponsor, but their MD is an active member of the club, @DamperMan with a frequently used Westfield, that’s been used to play with dampers as well, I’d be very tempted to I’ve Spax a go when it comes to needing fresh dampers.

^^ exactly this Dave, I am just about to order a set of Spax, Tony has been very helpful.

I have an SEW and got my (Protech) dampers from Westfield and the springs from protech 

Got shorter springs it makes assembly a doddle :yes:

Hello Fosserr, do you know what lenghth dampers you bought and what Spring poundage?

Thanks jonk179

Hi the dampers were just selected from the Westfield site - pre wide track fitting 

The springs IIRC 175lb rear 300lb front 

• 3 weeks later...

Protect from procomp

• 2 weeks later...

Spax for me, can't tell you how good they are yet as not fitted them but I have had them done in a custom colour and they look like a quality product for the money.

I thought I would diverge from the usual protec option with the MD of Spax being personally interested in Westfield, as in having one himself.

Thanks @Damperman.

IMG_20180626_215407.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MarkS2 said:

Spax for me, can't tell you how good they are yet as not fitted them but I have had them done in a custom colour and they look like a quality product for the money.

I thought I would diverge from the usual protec option with the MD of Spax being personally interested in Westfield, as in having one himself.

Thanks @Damperman.

IMG_20180626_215407.jpg

They do look good ,any chance of telling us what they cost ? 

I did this job last winter on the rear of my seiw, its well worth doing.

I bought my protects direct from the factory with some discount and found them great to deal with. Reading the other threads, it sounds like spax are great as well.

The only advice I would give is be careful who you ask to remove the old bushes, because if they stretch the bush collars it's a real problem sorting it out. After a suggestion on here I ended up contacting Siltech who made me some new rear wishbones, the old ones were quite corroded anyway. Siltech are superb to deal with and very knowledgeable.

Hope you enjoy the rebuild